Who Do You Miss Most From 2008?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
Inspired by Tony's great thread on people you'd have a beer with...

I thought that I'd kick off a thread with a view to showing some respect to people who have influenced you, and have passed away or otherwise disappeared in 2008. This is my New Year Thread.

I'd like to state here that the world is a poorer place due to the loss of Heath Ledger, Charlton Heston, Isaac Hayes and Eartha Kitt.

All have influenced me in numerous ways, and I pay homage to their memory here.

Funnily, Eartha's passing effected me most. I really enjoyed her sultry crooning and her portrayal as the original Catwoman. I'm sure that her heart still belongs to Daddy,.... even since Marilyn Monroe covered the tune.

So, who do you miss in 2009, that is no longer available since 2008?

All feedback welcome :super:

Heath Ledger for sure, so young, and a beautiful daughter left behind..

Makes me sad as I have a 7 year old boy and 2 year old girl that I would never want to leave behind.. :(

Heath Ledger was a shock. My 2nd favorite movie is "two hands". And he will never get to play Mad Max (my favorite movie) like all the rumours said.
Heath ledger given to fly 2008.

Brad

Heath Ledger was a shock. My 2nd favorite movie is "two hands". And he will never get to play Mad Max (my favorite movie) like all the rumours said.
Heath ledger given to fly 2008.

Brad

Candy was probably one of his best movies, very heart wrenching...

Many dearly departed brain cells of mine! They all had personalities I could relate to! :party:

+1 for Candy, one of the best movies made recently

I know it's a year too late (2007) but I still miss Michael Jackson, what a terrible shame to lose probably the world's greatest beer Guru. The scotch afficianados probably miss him more.

To add to the list

Paul Newman
John Drake wikipedia link
Jane McGrath
Jack Gibson
Arthur C Clarke
Ashley Cooper link
Sir Edmund Hillary

Taken early or after full lives - the world is poorer without them.

microbe

was never a big heath ledger fan, but saw dark night and he was fantastic in that.

on a more personal note, lost both my grandparents on my mothers side this year. they had been unwell for some time so it was hardly a shock, but doesnt make the loss any easier. at least we know they both lived full and happy lives and are now resting together where ever that might be. will be difficult going back to visit next week and not being able to sit quietly at the table with nonno and drink a glass of wine at lunch, or dinner, or anytime he happened to be sitting at the table. will have a glass of wine in their honor when im back home. salute! :beer:
joe

Im going to miss George W saying stupid things on camera. What a clown!

POR hop flowers :(

my superanuation ballance

im sure i will think of more later.

cheers

Harold Pinter, his eloquent and comprehensive condemnation of the US war in Iraq and GWOT belong to the ages. And he wrote some fine plays as well.

Mitch Mitchell from the Jimi Hendrix Experience...among others.

One of my favourite drummers for sure.

Mitch Mitchell from the Jimi Hendrix Experience...among others.

One of my favourite drummers for sure.

Having a late nite read of this thread and thinking no ones said mitch yet, till I got 2 this one.
Heres to Mitch!

Latest posts

Back