Who brews regards the seasons?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i try and have about 5 different beers on tap,,,some go quicker so i re-brew when there out. never brew to season just what i feel like at the time,

No temperatre controlled fermenter here, so I've been failing (again) at keeping the hefe' at 19C.
Been looking into making a few saisons as it warms up. By December it will be too hot to brew until March.

I've got ~100 litres in the kegerator, but it's just not enough for all those summer visitors!

I typically do 45-50L batches and throw 80% out to my mates (we try to agree on what we're going to do then everyone helps out. This is on as as-needed basis.

But... I'm now leaning towards (see my signature) busting out frequent 10-15L pilot brews to at least get more variety, then if there's a winner or something that needs tweaking, put it on the 50L list to brew. Then I will probably do 1-2 of these per quarter/season mixed with the pilot batches.

I always hawk to people at how zee Chermanns and Belgians do it (seasonally) and think that's a cute and practical tradition.

Yet to see how well this will work for me and mine...

Looks like a lot of people brew as per what the ambient temps are doing. Makes sense. :)

yum beer said:
I brew to ensure I have a nice mix of styles available. I aim to have 7 or 8 different beers ready to drink at any time.
A few lagers, a mix of PA's and IPA's in various strength's and a stout and/or porter or 2 depending on time in the cycle.
Can be as many as 10 brews in the cycle, but that means there may only be half a dozen of 1 or 2 batches.
I hate drinking the same thing over and over and its unusual for me to drink 2 beers the same in a row. Unless its my brew buddies batch, he only bottles in longies so swap beers are a bit bigger. Taking that into consideration there can be up to 12 or 13 different brews all total...usually have 5 or 6 of his batches floating around as well.

This is the one and only thing i miss about bottling. Being able to have stacks of different stuff saved up.

I've been loving Belgians in the last year or so, and have been bottling a few batches, and yep that is one advantage, having a few different types of beer to choose from. Problem is I need more room for bottles haha.

Back