Whirlpool first?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkhlt1210

Reaction score
G'day guys quick question.... If I'm whirlpools go and steeping..... Whirlpool then steep or steep then whirlpool?????

Unclear on the question. Is this for an aroma addition after the boil? I add hoos to the whirlpool - the wort then settles for another 20 minutes.

manticle said:
Unclear on the question. Is this for an aroma addition after the boil? I add hoos to the whirlpool - the wort then settles for another 20 minutes.
Sorry if a bit muddled I'm a little tipsy!! Yes it's for aroma after the boil. Was just wondering which order to whirlpool and steep? I thought whirlpool then throw hops in to steep for ten mins but maybe you steep first then whirlpool??

manticle said:
Sorry if a bit muddled I'm a little tipsy!! Yes it's for aroma after the boil. Was just wondering which order to whirlpool and steep? I thought whirlpool then throw hops in to steep for ten mins but maybe you steep first then whirlpool??

at a guess your manually whirlpooling the wort when the boil is finsihed. Whirlpool the wort and as its spinning add the hops and leave that to steep for 15-20mins. You can stir again every 5mins to get that whirlpool spinning again to get all the hops into contact with the wort as the heat tends to puch all the hop to the surface while its spinning.

Back