Which Taps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuzzy

Reaction score
I have just scored a big Kelvinator fridge from eBay for $0.10 works a treat! As everyone was partying on New Years I snapped up a bargain!

Now, I will be putting a few taps through the front 4 in total with drip tray.

So, what are the better taps to use for ales and larger beers etc? What should I keep right away from?

I wouldn't mind seeing some bronco taps through the door. I wub my bronco tap. :wub:

Yeah, get celi taps and you can spend all that cash you saved on the fridge :(

All taps will work, but I would suggest you go for stainless. Chrome will start to peel at some stage..
If money isn't an issue....by all means go for the Celi in stainless. Top of the line stuff.

Yes, I have Perlicks as well....in stainless...they are lovely.
And cheap from the USA

I have the Perlick 525SS taps and very happy with them. I was lucky enough to be part of the buy here but they're still very cheap through eBay etc. Do a search on the forums here and there are some links to recommended sellers.

Cheers guys. BTW, the seller didn't want the 10c (I did offer) - got it for free :D

What about drip trays? Can anyone suggest a good on that will suit 4 taps? Also, is it worth while getting them with the self drain and install a line & jug inside for the slops?

Link us to this fridge :p

Also, is it worth while getting them with the self drain and install a line & jug inside for the slops?

No it isn't....if you don't clean the drip tray it will stink, even if it has a drain....
clean it every day....it is the least you can do.
Well, it is the least I can do anyway :eek:

Cheers guys. BTW, the seller didn't want the 10c (I did offer) - got it for free :D

What about drip trays? Can anyone suggest a good on that will suit 4 taps? Also, is it worth while getting them with the self drain and install a line & jug inside for the slops?

I have just bought the one below, was looking around & found a thread on one of the US forums about these, looked like good value, approx $50 delivered. All the others Ive seen are way too much $$$. The last one i bought about 4 years ago to suit 1 tap (6" or so) cost about the same if not more.

drippan300.jpg

Cant direct link but look under bar supplies > bar supplies 2. 3rd from the bottom.
http://www.barproducts.com/

Sorry I can't link - already removed it from my brought items in eBay.

It is old (30 years) like most things in my shed is it also big and very, very heavy!

What the thought on Micro Matic taps? I see on there web page they make them in SS.

Thanks for the advise on drip trays.

Perlick 525SS seems to be a good option. Let me know if you go in that direction and I can hook you up with a good seller.

Inside my Kegerator has 2 x Celli - Gold with stainless spout and 1 x Celli Chrome, see linky

My miracle box has a Perlick 525SS tap, and in the garage I have Celli stainless taps with no flow regulator.

It's only my opinion, but the Celli - Gold with stainless spout have a pure pour :super:

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Classic!

I have just bought the one below, was looking around & found a thread on one of the US forums about these, looked like good value, approx $50 delivered. All the others Ive seen are way too much $$. The last one i bought about 4 years ago to suit 1 tap (6" or so) cost about the same if not more.

drippan300.jpg

Cant direct link but look under bar supplies > bar supplies 2. 3rd from the bottom.
http://www.barproducts.com/

Cheers for that, I need exactly that myself.

+3.85 for Perlick

For the taps I am thinking Celli - Gold with stainless spout. I have decided to paint the fridge GMH Marine blue (have some paint left over from my current race mini project)- and chalk board black for the freezer door to I can mark what tap 1 & 2 have. What do you think - to LOUD?

One issue with the fridge - well it might not be....

Picked up a thermometer the other day, one the bottom shelf it reads -1deg and on the top door shelf it reads 2deg. The thermo is as high (warm) as I can set it along with the freezer. Will this freeze the beer - or am I getting worried about nothing? What is your thoughts?

For the taps I am thinking Celli - Gold with stainless spout. I have decided to paint the fridge GMH Marine blue (have some paint left over from my current race mini project)- and chalk board black for the freezer door to I can mark what tap 1 & 2 have. What do you think - to LOUD?

One issue with the fridge - well it might not be....

Picked up a thermometer the other day, one the bottom shelf it reads -1deg and on the top door shelf it reads 2deg. The thermo is as high (warm) as I can set it along with the freezer. Will this freeze the beer - or am I getting worried about nothing? What is your thoughts?

Put a small fan (eg computer fan) in there to circulate the temperature, have this kick in when the fridge power kicks in.

Latest posts

Back