Which 5 Hops Would You Have In Your Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need a bittering hop so I'll go with Horizon. For a hoppy burst, it's a hard choice but I'll go with Amarillo. Then for British ales, I'll stick with Goldings, along with some Styrian Goldings which can serve a double purpose in Belgian ales as well. Finally, it has to be Saaz for summer ales (oh, and lagers I guess :ph34r: ).

Luckily, no need to only have five. How great that we have so much variety to choose from! :super:

cascade
saaz
amarillo
Styrian
fuggles or willemette or EKG

That covers off on a stack of brews: ales, lagers, porters/stouts.

I threw cascade in their as you'll find so many recipes use cascade.

and yeah as Maple said. Freezer not fridge.

The following selection should allow me to brew a massive range of styles.

Magnum
Cascade
Styrian Goldings
EKG
Hallertauer

Northern Brewer
Cascade
EKG
Styrian Goldings
Saaz

Galaxy
Cascade
Amarillo
Simcoe
Chinook

yea yea we can see a pattern forming there

hop hore! :p

To hard, I do like Galaxy, Amarillo, Cascade, Challanger, Styrian. There are so many I am yet to try. This is like choose your top 5 movies changes all the time. I want to say Simcoe but yet to try it!

...bit like choosing which of your children is your favourite...

Northdown
EKG
Amarillo
Hallertau
Saaz

Saaz
Tetnang
Willamette
Perle
Galaxy

although the only hops I have in the fridge at the moment are some Goldings flowers

Glacier
Simcoe
East Kent Goldings
Tettnang
Pride of Ringwood

In no particular order:

Nelson Sauvin
Galaxy
Northern Brewer
Cascade
Czech Saaz

I think you are the first to say nelson. Im still trying to decide if I like it!
Used it in my first AG (Ross' Summer Ale), and thanks to your 'Planet of the Grapes' recipe, in my most recent as well... damn that's a fine brew.

Can't imagine not having it on hand.

Used it in my first AG (Ross' Summer Ale), and thanks to your 'Planet of the Grapes' recipe, in my most recent as well... damn that's a fine brew.

Can't imagine not having it on hand.

Its nice with something else. Im drinking my hop burst (not right now) its cascade, nelson and galaxy and the longer in the keg the nelson shy's alittle which is great at first its a little sweet! Not offensive but not sure!

not had the chance to try all the hops available, but would go with

amarillo
cascade
styrian goldings
east kent goldings
target

That allows me to do my APA, IPA (american and english), English Pales and Belgian Ales...

Cascade
Amarillo
NS
Motueka
Styrian

Latest posts

Back