Where to go in Adelaide?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xander

Reaction score
I'm staying right near Hindley st & Morphett st for a couple of nights with Work - Sadly it's a Monday and Tuesday, so options will be limited.

Can anyone recommend a place with a good beer selection and decent pub grub - Burgers, Parma's etc?

Cheers

Love the wheaty but you need to get food from a food van or their local pizza place. Sounds weird but part of the experience.
The Mile End is on the way to or from the Wheaty and has lots on tap (too much I suspect) and a good kitchen.
The Exeter in Rundle street is a great but is "only" coopers on tap. Great kitchen and excellent wine list if you want to mix it up a bit.
So long as you don't try any pubs in Hindley street you shouldn't be disappointed!

The Wheaty isn't too far away from where you are staying. You'll be extremely impressed with the beer selection. It doesn't get better than this place for the froths. I'm unsure about the food situation as I've never seen anyone eating a meal there, apart from a Pizza ordered in late one night.

The Earl of Leicester in Parksideis a short taxi ride away. The Liars bar has a good ambiance and normally a range of decent beers on the taps. It also has undoubtedly the best Schnitzels known to man.

When I was traveling to Adelaide a couple of years back for work, I always enjoyed going to Grace Emily's hotel on waymouth st.

Good choice of beers in bottles, and a handful on tap (although mainly coopers from memory). Real cosy place with random stuff all over the walls, live music and fireplace. I was there most nights I stayed in Adelaide and will be heading there when I'm back in Adelaide with the Mrs next month..

+1 the Wheaty. Best place for beer in Adelaide. Friendly people there too.

Love your work guys! The Wheaty it is!

Cheers :beer:

Back