Where To Drink In Queenstown,nz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett mccluskey

Reaction score
got a couple of mates going to queenstown way to work.Any suggestions for good craft beer pubs?

While it may not be strictly a craft beer pub I always love going to speights alehouse in QT, good range of their ales and good food. Last time I was there also went to Dux delux but was very underwhelmed by their beers, there may be some variation between their brewpubs.

Dux de Lux is the only one I can remember in Christchurch. Although I recall most of the Kiwi beer being generally better than the generic Aussie beer. Except Tui.

There is a microbrewery in Wanaka, which isn't far from Christchurch. Maybe a bit far for an evening out, but something to do at the weekend maybe. I think they only brew 3 or 4 different beers, but I remember them being pretty good. You could have a bunch of beers then go to Puzzling World and try not to vomit in the Tilted House.

And try anything brewed by Emersons if you can.

Dux de Lux is the only one I can remember in Christchurch. Although I recall most of the Kiwi beer being generally better than the generic Aussie beer. Except Tui.

There is a microbrewery in Wanaka, which isn't far from Christchurch. Maybe a bit far for an evening out, but something to do at the weekend maybe. I think they only brew 3 or 4 different beers, but I remember them being pretty good. You could have a bunch of beers then go to Puzzling World and try not to vomit in the Tilted House.

And try anything brewed by Emersons if you can.

Wanaka isnt that far from QUEENSTOWN, its a hell of a long way from Christchurch!!!

PS. if you are driving from QT to Wananka, DONT take the Crown Ranges Road.. Scary as all shit that road!!!!

The micro in Wanaka is just out of town near the airport. Every time I've stopped in its been closed. :( However you can buy their beers in the supermarkets in at least Wanaka and Queenstown.

Now that the crown range road is fully sealed its a lot better than it used to be. I reckon it has great views, just need to slow down on all the corners. Much better road than some of the ones to ski fields that I've driven on ice and snow.

Wanaka isnt that far from QUEENSTOWN, its a hell of a long way from Christchurch!!!

Cheers, that's what I meant :D

There is a Dux de Lux in both, though, if I recall correctly ;)

Although if you take a wrong turn and end up in Christchurch, try the Twisted Hop, in Poplar Lane.

Back