Where Does Everyone Get Their Beer Glasses From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shark

Reaction score
Hi All,

Silly question..... but after reading through the "whats in the glass" threads I have noticed that everyone seems to have a damn nice collection of beer glasses.

Just wondering where everyone gets these nice glasses from?

Do Dan Murphys do specials on them? Free with a six pack? Or somewhere else?

Thanks
Ben

The few I have collected are 'borrowed' from bars, or came in specials packs from bottle shops like Dan Murphies and other retailers.

Marlow

Hi All,

Silly question..... but after reading through the "whats in the glass" threads I have noticed that everyone seems to have a damn nice collection of beer glasses.

Thanks
Ben

Check out the Pub Shop section of the Craftbrewer website (who are an AHB sponsor) - they stock a pretty comprehensive collection of glassware that you can order online and get delivered with all your other HB goodies! Apart from that, keep your eye out in the usual giftware stores and see what you come up with. Sometimes you will see the "free glass with a 6-pack" special at your local bottle-o, but most people just build up their assortment of glasses over time and travels...

Good luck ith your glassware adventures!

BTW - No affiliation, just a proud owner of some of CB's finest! :icon_cheers:

Vinnies, Red Cross Shop, markets etc.
I've picked up heaps of special glasses from these places, usually 50c-$1.00 each.

Batz

Do the rounds of the local op-shops, usually good for a few cheap ones.

edit : beaten by Batz (again)

I am fortunate enough to have a son who's company gives him an 'Around The World' ticket several times a year & yes, I'm skiting. :D but he is APITA to get to bring them back to Oz in his hand luggage. :angry:
TTBOMK Dan Murphy's does give away free glasses on occasion?
I have bought some nice glasses from the German Club in Brissy. This may help if you have a German Club somewhere near you?
As the others have said just check out CraftBrewer although I have no affiliation or whatever & my non related enquiry has yet to be answered which is very unusual.Maybe this will help??????? ;)
When all else fails why not try the Batz Preloved & Used Specials? :lol:

Waiting ---Waiting --- Waiting for a response.

TP

Bought a nice set of Boddington pints from Craftbrewer, they are my pride and joy. Target do box sets of 'super size' beer glasses that hold a full tallie:

I've picked up various from op shops, found a Headmaster schooner in the park and bought another one from the LHBS so now have two... and so the list goes on !
Last meeting of BABBs there was a table of giveway glasses from some warehouse, donated surplus to requirements and I picked up four Oktoberfest 500ml.

Leffe glass from four Leffes and a glass last year at 1st choice
Two 1L glass steins from Cellarbrations, buy a stein and get a one litre can of Bamberger :beerbang:

Like posters have said, you end up as a real scavenger like the local crows and maggies ;)

Caterfix hotel suppliers in Adelaide are cheap as for their glasses, these 285ml Pilsners are $1.30+gst.
Hotel quality with nice heavy base. Try your local hospitality industry suppliers.

DSC_0022.JPG

Be nice to whoever it is that serves you regularly at your prefered bottlo (preferably one that stocks good beer). Later, when you turn over a fifty or so, start hitting them up for free glassware. Thats where most of mine came from.

The few I have collected are 'borrowed' from bars, or came in specials packs from bottle shops like Dan Murphies and other retailers.

Marlow

+1 for the "borrowed" glasses... naughty me

I'll also buy them when I'm holidays if I see nice ones -my favourites are from Wanaka Beer Works, NZ. The were quite expensive, but they are so lovely... they're made in germany - very thick glass and weigh a tonne, hold 500 ml.

Vinnies, Red Cross Shop, markets etc.
I've picked up heaps of special glasses from these places, usually 50c-$1.00 each.

Batz

Do the rounds of the local op-shops, usually good for a few cheap ones.

edit : beaten by Batz (again)

+3 No shit you'd be amazed what type of beer glasses you find at op shops, i've scored a shite load. Ages ago i started my beer glass fetish and bought a couple of Orval glasses from the states (at $33 each mind you) and low and behold within two weeks had smashed one of them in my drunken stupor, Unbelievably i was wandering through an op shop on the sunny coast and there was the exact same Orval glass on the shelf for $2 :super: and the balance of the universe was restored.

And also Ebay is a good place, have had them shipped from all corners with no breakages (yet anyway)

Be nice to whoever it is that serves you regularly at your prefered bottlo (preferably one that stocks good beer). Later, when you turn over a fifty or so, start hitting them up for free glassware. Thats where most of mine came from.
:beer: The 'green guys' have been great to me with glasses. Even picked up a free 6 pack of glasses when they had surplus stock.

Hi All,

Thanks
Ben

Don't know where you're from, but I get mine from the Hospitality Store in Camperdown, Sydney.
Last time I checked their website I was redirected to some other page.
It was hospitality store
They have a nice range of Pils, schooner, tulips etc. Kind of 'new look' pub glasses. Nothing flash, like you'll see in the what's in the glass thread, but a cut above the standard RSL type schooner glass.

I picked up a nice Bitburger glass the other day $15, attached to a six pack

:beer: The 'green guys' have been great to me with glasses. Even picked up a free 6 pack of glasses when they had surplus stock.
They are good. Last time I was there I was offered a Maudite glass. I had enough stamps on my card that I thought I could ask "That's nice, but do you have a Trois Pistoles glass." No luck though.

I scored these for $2.00 Remmer (I scored six) Iserlohner just one but $2.00 for the lot !

It's great to serve a beer in a glass that people are not familiar with, well I to like it anyway....Vinnies brewers Vinnies !
beer_glasses_006.jpgbeer_glasses_010.jpg

I must have 10-20 glasses that I have not yet unwrapped (newspaper of course) ,I can't resist an OP shop. You can also find lots of brewing type gear, maybe even a blow torch. ;)

Batz

As we speak, I am drinking out of a 570ml Crown dimple handle that I bought from Craftbrewer last weekend. Will do me fine for most beers.

I also have two good Pilsner glasses and a pewter mug that I no longer use.

All the beers a the Belgian Beer garden in Melbourne come with a free glass. At least that's what I've assumed based on the prices. <_<

Back