When to bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Horse

Reaction score
I'm planning a Black IPA (it's a Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale recipe from Mitch Steels IPA book) and am unfortunately still bottling. The Fermentation schedule is roughly 22c till OG 1012, then 17c for 24hrs and rack to secondary then dry hop at 17c for 36hrs. I'm down with all that but the last step is age 10 days at 1c. So just wondering where in that I bottle to carbonate? I would assume after the dry hopping, allow time for carbonation then drop to 1c and age? And my other thought is should I let it dry hop for longer than 36hrs if it's then gunna be bottled without the dry hops?

Any advice would be tops. Cheers!

Place the whole fermenter in a fridge if possible, cold condition in that, then prime, bottle and store bottles in a warm(ish) place to carbonate.

Probably no need to rack to secondary either. I wonder why the 17° part?

Yeh not sure why he says 17c either but can't hurt! I don't normally rack to secondary, and I do have a fermentation fridge. I'm assuming that after CC'ing for 10 days at 1c then bottling that there should still be enough yeast for carbonation?

Latest posts

Back