Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think Redoak are going to be exhibiting at the Perth Royal Beer Show so hopefully I'll get to sample their brews as they should be, and also talk to the brewer/s.

You would think they'd have quality control in place to stop these bad batches making it to the consumer. It screams bad business to me, and a great way to lose customers.

Thanks for the response Joshua.

Hi guys,
I know its a bit late for this reply but needed to point out the fact that redoak needs to be refrigerated at all times and many beer warehouses and retailers don't properly store them which causes an intensely sour and bitter taste. But if you are lucky enough to taste one that is fresh and treated properly it is actually one of the most fresh citrus hopped beers that i have ever tasted and is in a league of its own if you are lucky enough to get one that isn't F#$@#D.
Cheers
Cam

A stone and wood pacific ale clone that i fermented at ambient (18C) and then left to 'settle' on the bench for 4 weeks. Just tasted it and :icon_vomit: . Won't be putting that in the keg to see if it comes good. Not sure if its infected or what, but its a different kinf of terrible that i've never tasted.

Is that 'cos fishing is so utterly boring anything improves it <_<

You musn't go to the right places bloke. Not too much boredom where I go.

Actually I'm going to go all out and say I enjoyed the southwark stout and the bitter (regardless of the mindless rod-watching between sips haha). I had Mountain Goat steam ale last night which was horrid fizzy shit...probably not the worst I've had, but far worse than the southwarks I've consumed....

Actually I'm going to go all out and say I enjoyed the southwark stout and the bitter (regardless of the mindless rod-watching between sips haha). I had Mountain Goat steam ale last night which was horrid fizzy shit...probably not the worst I've had, but far worse than the southwarks I've consumed....

Whilst I have been considering these posts this afternoon I recalled many years ago a micro brewery in Sth Brisbane that went broke very quickly that tried to put together lager that was truly hideous. I recall that I was having a beer with a mate and the owner and he was raving about the 'latest thing' being micro breweries. He was shouting and we still got the hell out of there. Now that's bad beer.

three kings is defiently the worst followed by vale pale ale the 4 pack i bought couldnt even finish one.

Redoak organic pale ale. off tap, tasted like vinegar with a dash of cider. the bottled stuff tasted the same. undrinkable

three kings is defiently the worst followed by vale pale ale the 4 pack i bought couldnt even finish one.

I'd suggest it was probably a bad bottle/pack...normally a pretty good beer, not the most exciting, but very very drinkable.

I had a Swell Beer when they first came out, definately off, metallic taste. I've also had a White Rabbit that was off and tasted similar.

Probably came down to poor handling.

I have to agree with craigo here, I thought the vale ale was shithouse and I didnt fancy there IPA either, it was nice at first then just made me feel horribly ill, now just the smell of it makes me shiver

Bottle of rotten Duvel in Canada. Almost in tears tipping it down the sink.

my worst was a norwegien beer called ' is bjorn '. which means ice bear,and similar to the old saying about camel ciggies (the contents are on the face of the pack).ie camel shit, this beer has to be bears piss it was a shocker,cheers...spog...

Tecate....... was in the US in Sept and had the misfortune of tasting this...... beer with all trace of flavour removed.

Hi guys,
I know its a bit late for this reply but needed to point out the fact that redoak needs to be refrigerated at all times and many beer warehouses and retailers don't properly store them which causes an intensely sour and bitter taste. But if you are lucky enough to taste one that is fresh and treated properly it is actually one of the most fresh citrus hopped beers that i have ever tasted and is in a league of its own if you are lucky enough to get one that isn't F#$@#D.
Cheers
Cam

even latter to reply to you, but thats not right if its extremely sour and bitter from warm storage, its infected plain and simple. it means that theres something (ether lacto or brett) in there that shouldnt be and its growing better in the warm conditions hence the problem. it happens and until they acknowledge they have a problem and move to rectify it its not going to go away.
yes the mishandling is making it worse but it wouldnt be happening if there wasnt something else there in the first place.

I love Tennant's Super, but I reckon it's definitely pipped by Skol Super :icon_drunk:

PomsgobadLarge.jpg

It prompted me to try my own versions of 9% supers and I did a really nice one (see my avatar) but I woke up one day begging in a mall with a four day growth and no knowledge of how I had got there :unsure:

Must be bad if you need a shot while drinking...

But seriously what is going on with the syringe ??? :excl: :huh:

Warm can of Emu bitter after lying face down in the sand for an hour in Scarborough after a night at the hippy club in the late 90's. Rolled over to see the sun rise, best mate handed me a warm can...and the rest is history.
What are best mates for huh!

Went to Adelaide in about 1990 and tried some Southwark, pronounced Suthick I'm told. It would make a blowfly spew!

Hey I grew up on that stuff, never affected me.

crazy_old_man_with_hat2.jpg

Warm can of Emu bitter after lying face down in the sand for an hour in Scarborough after a night at the hippy club in the late 90's. Rolled over to see the sun rise, best mate handed me a warm can...and the rest is history.
What are best mates for huh!

Ha, a night at the hippy club always ends badly!

Latest posts

Back