What's The Point Of Hp Gas Hose?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadders

Reaction score
Admittedly I'm only using it for an MP adjustable reg (max pressure 207kpa) but after looking all over for a HP hose to go with it I noticed my LP hose has written on it "max working pressure 2.6 mpa" = 2600kpa.

I don't know how high a HP reg can go but considering most regs are rated on the input side only up to 1750kpa it couldn't be higher than that. So why do we need special hoses for HP applications? The steel braiding does nothing for the structural integrity of the hose, it's just there to protect it from abrasion/kinking etc.

Admittedly I'm only using it for an MP adjustable reg (max pressure 207kpa) but after looking all over for a HP hose to go with it I noticed my LP hose has written on it "max working pressure 2.6 mpa" = 2600kpa.

I don't know how high a HP reg can go but considering most regs are rated on the input side only up to 1750kpa it couldn't be higher than that. So why do we need special hoses for HP applications? The steel braiding does nothing for the structural integrity of the hose, it's just there to protect it from abrasion/kinking etc.

Not 100% sure what your talking about but C02 bottle pressure is temperature dependant and way more than 1750KPA, Mine is currently 6000KPA. Hopefully I dont understand you and your not about to use LP hose on a bottle.

Sorry just realised how vague that sounded... I'm talking about LPG hose for gas burners.

The high pressure hoses can be used without a regulator, so they have to be able to handle bottle pressure at whatever maximum temperature.

Sorry just realised how vague that sounded... I'm talking about LPG hose for gas burners.

Roger that, disregard previous post. Still, your LPG hose should be rated higher than the bursting disc on the bottle.

Latest posts

Back