Whats The Best Beer You Have Had?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WESTVLETEREN Abt (yellow top) was absolutely devine

**** that is a overrated beer to my tastes. I give kudo`s to originality (my experience), but not very drinkable.

Are you talking about the bottled stuff? I used to drink the stone and wood draught ale everyday and loved every sip. Bought some bottles a few months ago to show a mate and it was not even half as good. It wasn't bad, but it it left this terrible aftertaste on my tongue. After 3 bottles it started tasting like mandarins or something. I thought that maybe my tastebuds had changed, but i had some on tap last week and it was the bomb.

Are you talking about the bottled stuff? I used to drink the stone and wood draught ale everyday and loved every sip. Bought some bottles a few months ago to show a mate and it was not even half as good. It wasn't bad, but it it left this terrible aftertaste on my tongue. After 3 bottles it started tasting like mandarins or something. I thought that maybe my tastebuds had changed, but i had some on tap last week and it was the bomb.

Yeah mate, opion from the bottle. Only had it on tap once but I reckon my tasters where already rattled by bigger beers.

Best is hard to say but favourite of the moment is probably:

Trappist_Rochefort_10_beer.jpg
WESTVLETEREN Abt (yellow top) was absolutely devine
After trying both, i've gotta say my preference is with the Rochefort. Whilst they're both phemonenally great beers...i'd say the best 2 i've ever tried...the Rochefort has a rich, almost chocolately porty plummy character that I just adore.
Wish I could get my hands on more Westy 12 to make more comparisons though... :chug:

PilsnerUrquell.jpg

after a poop day in the salt mines i would have to say it's the pils i just necked :icon_cheers:

Wife has me doing Dry July - so I gotta say the next one I drink will be the best one...
we are doing a fitness program at work and Dry July was suggested .... I 'd rather do more exercise

I've not tasted nearly as many as I would like - working on it though.

Best thus far for me would have to be the Hallertau Porter Noir Pinot Noir and the Stuntman was pretty damn good too.

Locally enjoying some Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA atm.

Cheers,

microbe

Stone & Wood Pacific ale...Love those Galaxy hops..
Had this on tap at Beer Deluxe the other week and while it was refreshing and the Galaxy hops shone I found it a little thin for my palate.
Wouldn't turn it down if someone bought one for me though. :icon_cheers:
Nige

Had a 1996 Thomas Hardy a few months ago. May not be the best beer Ive had but certainly in the top 5 (and possibly top english).

cheers
Andrew.

Recently had a Weihenstephaner Vitus..... that moves right up near the top of the list. :icon_drool2:

I change my best beer a lot but at the moment it is Leffe Blonde.

**** that is a overrated beer to my tastes. I give kudo`s to originality (my experience), but not very drinkable.

Each to their own mate, I hate VB but 90% of the beer-drinking population can't be wrong!

Best beer is such a subjective thing, whilst I've been drinking some Coopers Vintage, stout and White Rabbit Dark lately you wouldn't catch me drinking them in the heat of summer

Epic Armageddon!

yep, best bottled beer currently available IMHO at the moment.................but.........
Feral Razorback on tap ..........fn hard to beat....and that for me was last year at the St.Kilda Taphouse :icon_drool2:

Feral's Funky Junkie...

If you are in WA, go to Feral's and drink this beer....I am a convert to sour beer after drinking this.

oakagedyeti22ozbtl_100px.jpg

Absolutely mind blowing!
Many thanks to Ant who introduced me to this.
I have just crushed the grain for a clone of this and lets just say that the anticipations is high ! :icon_cheers:

The best I have had would have to be a 4 year old Dogfish Head World Wide stout that one of the boys from DFH gave me. Drank it somewhere off the blue ridge parkway in the Appalachian's camped next to my motorcycle.

Apart from that these are some of our faves locally.

photo-783835.jpg

photo-711822.jpg

photo-772608.jpg

Finally got down to the Lord Nelson late last year and had a few 3 Sheets from the tap. A different beer to the bottled variety and utterly delicious. Still my favourite and sadly can't be matched by the bottle, seems many have similar sentiment toward the stone and wood which I also like from the tap.

NDH

Back