What's Good Near Darling Harbour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtus

#beerbackhome
Reaction score
Fellow brewers,

I am off to a big IT fair in a week or so at Darling harbour with a night or two to use up and would like to know what are the best places to guide my 1/2 pissed work mates to so I can enjoy good beer, hopefully locally brewed, while doing the work social bit?

Any advice is good.

Thanks,

you really should look at going to the belgium beer cafe (135 Harrington Street, The Rocks). Expensive as hell, but lots of good beers and pretty good food. Is great for dinner and a few drinks. would advise booking though as ive seen waiting times 4 hours long..

Yep,

Belgian Beer cafe, Lowenbrau, Bavarian beer cafe. All good...

But for local content, the Australian Hotel (heaps of Aussie beers), the Lord Nelson- brewed onsite (even though I still harbour a grudge), and the fantastic Redoak. The Redoak is a bit exxy, but the beer will make you happy if you're a real birrophile.

My 2 cents. PM for any extra details that I may be able to provide.

Seth :p

Thanks for the advice!
:D
Checked out the Sydney crawl thread. It is good to see the faces of those who live on the web.
I guess I only want places I can stagger to as Taxis etc are a big turn off (the kiddy train looks good though). I don't expect to have huge nights but one or two really good ale I have not tried before is what I an after.

Definitely check out Redoak (and take a wad of cash with you). Have a go of the cask ale if it's on. Last time I was there it was sublime.

Also, although it sounds naff, the Bavarian Beer Cafe is worth heading down to simply because they have a kellerbier - Kulmbacher Monchshof, as far as I know the only version of the style available in Australia - which is pretty nice (though hard to pin down exactly why).

The Lord Nelson is only 10mins walk from DH, so that's also worth checking out.

Latest posts

Back