Whats A Extract Iipa Suposed To Taste Like...?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot it was opening day...how did you go.

that explains why there where so may boats around this morning...

I havent brewed any other IPA's to compare, but i will...i used 1728 scottish ale for this one

I got three nice little pannies and gonna have another crack at them just before dark.

I haven't had any experience with that particular yeast as far as brewing goes but I did have the opportunity to sample a Belhaven Scottish Ale last week. Not sure what yeast they use for that one, it's only 3.9% alc but appeared to be quite full bodied and rather sweet, very easy to put down but I do prefer a little more bight in my beers. Wouldn't mind a go at their Wee Heavy just to see what that yeast can do, assuming that's what they use in it.

I forgot it was opening day...how did you go.

that explains why there where so may boats around this morning...

I havent brewed any other IPA's to compare, but i will...i used 1728 scottish ale for this one

1728 is low attenuating yesat, I prefer a higher attenuating yeast like an amercian ale yeast. Just my pref though.

Is their alot of hop debris and yesaty fluff in the bottles,
My IIPA dregs that have been botteld, always had a bit more of a fuzzy front of palate,
Getting a real drinkable IIPA is not easy, adn I dont think you can complain too much about a few difficult flavours on a extra brew, also would have been good to see it get to 1015 at that abv level

Nah Sinkas it's as clean as a whistle only a slight smudge of yeast on the bottom of the bottle.

I would of liked it to go further aswell, but no matter of swirling and swearing would budge it back into action....

I got three nice little pannies and gonna have another crack at them just before dark.

Its funny, one of the reasons we moved there from WA was the fishing....im a mad keen fly fisher.

Since moving here 4 years ago ive fished once..... :( , brumbys for a couple of tiddlers.

I will get out this year......im sure of it :rolleyes:

Back