What Water?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always filter it with a carbon filter and save money buying water Pumpy :)

I have spring water that flows out of the ground and into a conrete storage tank, the water is gravity fed from the tank to my brewery. Sent a bottle away for testing a few years ago PERFECT drinking water.

Here in SA we can get puratap for 64 dollars a year.I filters out virtually all minerals,especially chlorine,which is the enemy of the brewer.I just run a pvc hose from the outlet into my fermenter,it works great.

I am getting one of those installed next Tuesday :D

You can always filter it with a carbon filter and save money buying water Pumpy :)

agreed. build something like this, and save even more money not buying a jug/vessel.

i brewed years ago with well water on our farm (bainbridge island, washington). was the softest, richest water i've ever used. unfortunately, i wasn't into water chemistry back then or would've had a better idea what i was working with. suffice to say, we loved drinking it so great for beer too.

brewing in melbs, the water is soft but adequate straight from the tap. i've even done top ups straight from the tap to fermenter (no boil) :blink: not recommended because you risk infection and haven't driven off chlorine or undesirables, but i mention it as i've done it without infection or ill-effect.

i'm only now starting to unravel the complexity of water, in relationing to brewing. carbon (or any) filtration seems an easy and logical step. if it tastes better (as is the case with carbon/melb water) post filtration, it's doing something right. next step for me, tackling ph at mash and then burton on trent :p

reVox

Latest posts

Back