What To Scoff First?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatchor

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have the following beers sitting in the fridge to sample, and need some advice on the order in which I should drink to obtain a satisfactory appreciation for each..... ;)
Basically I want to know from plainest through to most complex,f ull & strong....dont wanna start off with the biggest hitting and most flavoursome beer, then be dissappointed with the rest! :p
Any advice would be appreciated as most of these I haven't tried as yet.
Cheers!

1. Chang
2. Hansa Dortmunder
3. Pilsner Urquell
4. Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
5. Leffe Blond
6. LCBA
7. Hobgoblin

I'd tackle them in the following order (not far from the order you listed them):

1. Chang
2. Hansa Dortmunder
3. Pilsner Urquell
4. LCBA
5. Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
6. Leffe Blond
7. Hobgoblin

Possibly switch 6 & 7 around the have the Leffe last.

cliffo

Maybe:

1?

If the Hobgoblin is fresh, have it on its own. Lovely lovely drink. Drink it last after the other 6 and you might be too drunk to appreciate it.

Hey Guys,

I have the following beers sitting in the fridge to sample, and need some advice on the order in which I should drink to obtain a satisfactory appreciation for each..... ;)
Basically I want to know from plainest through to most complex,f ull & strong....dont wanna start off with the biggest hitting and most flavoursome beer, then be dissappointed with the rest! :p
Any advice would be appreciated as most of these I haven't tried as yet.
Cheers!

1. Chang
2. Hansa Dortmunder
3. Pilsner Urquell
4. Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
5. Leffe Blond
6. LCBA
7. Hobgoblin

I think you will be most disappointed with the "Hobgoblin" and should imediately mail it to me to confirm this probability. :p :)

Cheers,
BB

No Fear BB, I am sure the Hobgoblin is fresh!! Wouldn't want it to be exposed to the heat of a courier trip to Adelaide!! :D

Was planning to have it last anyways, just from what I have heard, and thought it would be a nice beer to finish sampling........

edit: spelling

Hobgoblin.... :icon_drool2:

Just make sure not to drink it too cold.

I'd tackle them in the following order (not far from the order you listed them):

1. Chang
2. Hansa Dortmunder
3. Pilsner Urquell
4. LCBA
5. Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
6. Leffe Blond
7. Hobgoblin

Possibly switch 6 & 7 around the have the Leffe last.

cliffo

Have to agree with Andrew on the order, I would still have the Hobgoblin last or on its own though, and as butters mentioned dont drink it too cold. I initially made that mistake, still very tasty but you really appreciate it after it has warmed up a bit.

Leary

Back