What To Be A Surgeon ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
From here

I think I would have given the beer to the patient :p

Doc

Dutch courage and a make-do medico save Perth surfer
By BRADEN QUARTERMAINE
15jan06
A SCARBOROUGH father was saved by another WA man after his holiday in paradise turned into hell on earth.

Jude Gonzalez, 35, was in agony with part of his scalp hanging from his head after a gruesome surfing accident in Indonesia's isolated Mentawai Islands a legendary wave mecca.

But "guardian angel" Tom Plummer inserted 27 stitches in Mr Gonzalez's scalp to hold it together, despite having no medical experience.

The procedure was described by a Perth doctor as the most remarkable she had seen by a novice.

Mr Plummer, who runs a surf shop on the islands, and is originally from Fremantle, downed most of a carton of Bintang beer before plucking up the courage to undertake the operation on a boat

had the same sort of operation but not that exteme.On a surfin trip through indo i got smashed on the reef and dragged after getting my snapped board back i checked my legs and feet out and found my heel hanging off,a paniced paddle back to the boat with blood pissin everywhere, when i get there one of the boyz had been on the piss all arvo said "don't worry occ i can fix that " so after a few quick skulls of duty free wild turkey he did it 14 stiches and no infection.... :wacko:

Bintang certainly makes you feel like something's hit the back of your head if you have too many of them.

Stuster said:
Bintang certainly makes you feel like something's hit the back of your head if you have too many of them.
[post="103042"][/post]​

I think he felt it at the front of his head, and he didn't even drink it :p

Doc

Latest posts

Back