What is your best thread eva?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read the Chinese hop thread. That Townsville was a character. What a calamity that was.

Edit:bad typing.

djar007 said:
I just read the Chinese hop thread. That Townsville was a character. What a calamity that was.

You would really love it if the 4 million deleted posts were still in the thread.

I love any thread where BUM gets chirpy.

Pistol was a legand. I had the pleasure of meeting him at QLD xmas swap. Great bloke. Miss him.

djar007 said:

The one adamT made was an absolute cracker.

Damn it......read to many side spliting posts that I no longer have a fav

8yrs of AHB will do that to you.

Charst said:
I love any thread where BUM gets chirpy.
I love every thread too, but we're trying to single out the best one. ;)

Bandido for sure,in particular his 16" gate valve mashtun bases, mounted on cardboard vessels.

Charst said:
This was a good one but not the one i was thinking. I remember one that resulted in PM threats about meeting face to face being posted publicly. most pleasurable.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/59417-bottling-hb-in-clear-glass-bottles/
The funniest thing about that thread is that I am defending Truman's right to make threads. I must have really taken a disliking to Silo Ted.

In regard to the PM threat thing and for the benefit of those that do not recall, I'd like to point out that I wasn't making the threats but receiving them. I can't recall the exact time you're talking about though. They tend to blur into one after a while.

[EDIT: wrong word]

having trouble remembering my best thread, but this post is one of my favs

Neanderthal said:
Hey Dave.

The missus like the shirts and wants one for herself.

Can you do a eat sleep F#$K brew shirt but slightly different.

the F#$K image she want a girl on top stick figure and the Brew image she wants a tea pot. :)

Ill have to check the size, and colours as forgot to ask. probably Ladies S or M
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/71912-homebrew-t-shirts-now-available/page-4

Oh shush.. I liked Teddy.

My ol favourites are the Nick en Bum sagas. quite amusing at times. Fasty was funny as hell too.

Agreed, Bless Teddy's heart...

So in turn, Yasmani's, jase71's and Bandito's..... :ph34r:

Golden times!

Best serious thread: Jonothan's build - still waiting for the gravy stroke...

Best funny thread: Trolling but gold = Yasmani with the brewing with seeds thread.

But over all, so many hilarious posts over the years hard to focus on one thing.

I think we should all send a PM to Mark in reply to his post in the clear glass thread. Maybe that'll bring him back.

Alternatively I could drop around his place as he only lives a few streets down, but I think we should try the PM avenue first.

Mark^******* said:
I am sort of angry that i need to make this post and add to the off topic nonsense.

But I must ask, what is better? A home brew forum where a high percent of the posts / threads are about home brew, even if there is a lot of repeated and redundant information, or a home brew forum where there is some information about home brew and a whole lot of meta-shit that no one is going to give a **** about in a years time.

And on that note, to the guy that has searched this thread in a years time and has seen this thread full of off topic arguments, I hope you find the irony in it. Send me a private message when you do so I can have a laugh.

Back