What Is This In My Can Of Extract?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the white in the picture is ISOFRESH. (bittering agent)

We can the malt hot and often turns the ISO milky ... not unlike when it is added to water.

This is fairly common and nothing to worry about.

Really, so by me scooping it out (well most of it) and throwing it away I have probably wrecked the flavour of the beer anyway!!! :blink:

Typical whenever I think I am fixing something I usually break it :p at least I didn't tip it out yesterday!!

PS - These kits make an excellent quality beer in very little time, keep up the good work and thanks for the reply.

Cheers
HomerKemp

Thanks everyone for your input, looks like it is what I feared, I knew I shouldn't have put it in to ferment but with a 4 year boy 'helping me' once I said we were making beer then we were making beer or I would have had to listen to the whinging for the rest of the day and trust me that is not a good way to spend your saturday ;)

I would have done the same thing ... what does that say about modern parenting??

Really, so by me scooping it out (well most of it) and throwing it away I have probably wrecked the flavour of the beer anyway!!!

Well ... it wont be as bitter as it should be, but I wouldn't write it off yet

Looks pretty much the same as the 3KG ESB tins, which do also come in the paint tin style cans with a pry open lid.
I've always seen chunky hop pellets in there but nothing white like in Homer's tin.

I picked up a ESB 3kg the other day and noticed they now come in proper sealed cans that you need to use the can opener for, and not the pry off paint tin style lids anymore.

Well ... it wont be as bitter as it should be, but I wouldn't write it off yet

Maybe the wife might like it then :D

Thanks for the replies and advice everyone. I'll seen what happens after I get it into the keg and if I remember I'll let you all know.

Looks like the rooster fertilized that egg ;)

Latest posts

Back