What Is This Guitar Worth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
Calling all guitar buffs here. I am selling this on behalf and have absolutely no idea what this would be worth as I'm not a muso at all. My dad makes them. He has made six and has four for sale. The other two are kept for family's band.

Please be honest and constructive as I will be selling one here in Aussie for him soon.

If you have any questions about it or components used, either fire away here or PM me. I will need to clarify with dad first before responding as I know diddlie squat about guitars except they make noise :)

Cheers.

And the pics and blurb he wrote is as follows:

Only six made each hand crafted and unique

These brand new specially hand crafted guitars are from New Zealand 35,000 year old swamp Kauri with all the electronics are of the highest quality imported from America.
This is one of only six made with only four available for purchase. To hear one is music to your ears. This is the only one in Australia with the following components:

• Swamp Kauri solid body
  • Fender neck
  • Planet waves self cutting machine heads
  • Texas special frnder pick-ups
  • Seymore Duncan Humbucker
  • Fender five way switch and knobs
  • Chrome through body bridge
  • Clear rear scratch plate
  • Mother of pearl pick guard
  • Gold knobs and neck plate
  • Leather strap
  • Hard carry case

SANY0245__Medium_.JPG

SANY0247__Medium_.JPG

SANY0248__Medium_.JPG

SANY0249__Medium_.JPG

SANY0251__Medium_.JPG

Looks like you dad is pretty handy, NICE looking axe!

What it is worth and what you can sell it for my be completely different things me think...

Best point to start is take your dads cost of materials and maybe a little labour and add 30% - Thats about what you would expect. The music industry is made up of about 30% at each step. Manufacturer makes 30% to Wholesaler who makes 30% to retailer who makes 30% to end user!

Good luck.

Cheers

Most guitars about feel and sound. Does he have any youtube clips to share?

A similar fender would be anywhere from $600-2000

Looks like you dad is pretty handy, NICE looking axe!

What it is worth and what you can sell it for my be completely different things me think...

Best point to start is take your dads cost of materials and maybe a little labour and add 30% - Thats about what you would expect. The music industry is made up of about 30% at each step. Manufacturer makes 30% to Wholesaler who makes 30% to retailer who makes 30% to end user!

Good luck.

Cheers

Yeap agree, costs and labour plus 30%. but its only worth as much as the highest bidder you can find will pay I guess.
If the neck was very well hand crafted by himself it would possibly have more appeal and value.

What fender neck it is is going to make all the difference, if it was a extremely well hand crafted custom neck with top grade materials then this could be worth around 5 grand if the rest of the guitar was also very well crafted. If its a Fender USA standard neck then its only worth a bit above half that, if its a custom fender shop neck then would be worth more.

A little :icon_offtopic: I have been out of retail for a number of years but still deal with the retailers a fair bit and I would think its only the small independent stores that still charge the full RRP, most good bigger stores you would expect to get 20-30% off the retail price of nearly everything on the market.
They make their money by selling a hell of a lot of gear at a reduced price where as the smaller local stores cannot possibly compete with that so aim to service a less learned market of people who do not really do their homework because they need that extra 30% to even keep in business.

Most guitars about feel and sound. Does he have any youtube clips to share?

A similar fender would be anywhere from $600-2000

The value is all the hand crafting and what neck it is, given if this is a very good quality hand crafted guitar then it would be similar to more like a fender custom shop so could actually be more like 6000-20000.

Certainly I don't think it is proberbly quite that good but surely its better then a off the shelf off the factory line mexican($600) fender or even factory made USA Strat ($2000).

Without knowing anymore about it and guessing its a american standard neck I'd guess 2500-3500. Would have to play it/check it out though to really know.

Cheers lads. I'll ask more info on the neck and see if a sample sound track of one of these guitars is on a CD my bro has done is available or been done. I might suggest he get a track cut from one of their band practices in the near future using one.

Anyone in Gold coast who knows their stuff is welcome to have a bash on it. I have no AMP or anything so a BYO is needed.

If handy - I can travel :)

Back