What Do You Do For A Crust?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your current occupation?

• Labourer / Mineworker / Construction worker, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unemployed

• Student / Apprentice / Minor

• Proffessional (uni-qualified)

• Proffessional (TAFE or any other qualification)

• Trademan

• Salesman / Retail

• Clerk / Adminstration / Receptionist, etc.

• Brewer

• Other

• Total voters
lab tech
draftperson
now a forklift driver for a softwood timber mill

Yet another in the IT world. I manage all the technical area of a web hosting company, which means that anything that breaks or doesn't work instantly becomes my problem. Part of the reason I started brewing beer in the first place :)

Former Supervisor in a Shipyard. Shipyard shut down so the wife went back to work full time while I have a stint at stay at home dad......and loving it.
I see the kids a lot more and I get to brew a lot more and hope to turn it into something more than just a hobby.

chef then teacher and back to chef...maybe one day a headbrewer at a small microbrewery that is being planned.

Groundsman/ gardener (as well as intermittent pool plant operator, water & sewerage treatment plant operator, front end loader & tipper truck operator), porter, table service & tour guide (it was a busy time working 1 full time job and 3 part time jobs for the same company).
Zoological Technician.
Weed Scientist.
Biodiversity Officer (Landcare & Catchment Mgt).
Senior Scientist (Animal Science stream but was actually about plants).
Rangeland Ecologist.

Currently: facade systems design engineer & doing a degree to become a industrial psychologist.
Previously had a software start-up, was and R&D director before that in a glazing business... and generally been around windows/glass waaaay too long.

Currently: facade systems design engineer & doing a degree to become a industrial psychologist.
Previously had a software start-up, was and R&D director before that in a glazing business... and generally been around windows/glass waaaay too long.

I see straight through you.
It's a facade.

I see straight through you.
It's a facade.

pretty much - today was AHB [alt/tab] excell [alt/tab] strangebeaver.com [alt/tab] ahb [alt/tab] excell [alt/tab] ahb [alt/tab] go into workshop and build a new kettle filter.... ahem, point fixing prototype.... excell .... snore......

Private Music Tutor/Pro Musician.
Wake up each day and help kids understand more about how to play their instrument. Used to work retail in a couple of music stores after i finished uni.
Play in bands on the weekend, direct a Drum Ensemble where i have to do all the composing which is fun.
When students don't show up for lessons, i'm on AHB!

Private Music Tutor/Pro Musician.
Wake up each day and help kids understand more about how to play their instrument. Used to work retail in a couple of music stores after i finished uni.
Play in bands on the weekend, direct a Drum Ensemble where i have to do all the composing which is fun.
When students don't show up for lessons, i'm on AHB!

Think you could get my daughter to practice her piano?

Cheers

Paul

I get paid to write free software :icon_cheers:

Fitter by trade but now im working on the north west shelf on rig tenders as a marine engineer. It's ****'n hot in Karratha ATM!!

Firey. Its the ducks nuts :D

Presently professional piss head (bottleshop attendant- got to be able to give an honest recommendation)

Have been a
newspaper delivery boy
kiosk attendant at the cricket
waiter - asked for 2 weekends off- manager responded by telling me for the next two months I was working every weekend then not rostering me on. Everyone else there was a champ.
barman -for one unpaid trial shift (thursday) before the owner sold the pub (contract finalised monday) and pissed off.
runner at clipsal 500 -carrying $150 slabs of macro lager to corporate boxes, manager let us drink all the loose beers at the end of it.
shop assistant at a fruit and veg shop (work 3:30 am to 6:30 am for $12/hour).
Health Service worker - feeding people in a hospital got to see numerous skin infections and lots of old people naked/addicted to painkillers. Paid pretty well occasionally got to eat a kilo of bacon or scones.
Dan Murphy's peon- stack shelves repeat the company line (You want a nice pale ale I Dry Dock lager is a great pale ale.). Again worked with some great people.
Bottleshop- pays better, easier work than any of my other jobs. Get to talk about beer sometimes.

Latest posts

Back