What Did You Get For Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2x 1.5kg Coopers wheat tins, 250gms of wheat, Saaz hops, and a yeast that was forgotten (In the fridge apparently)!!! Not completely sure if all this was intended for one brew, or to add to other future brews?!

Also got a $30 voucher for Brewers Choice in Woori Yallock.

Tiny little remote control helicopter, a big bottle of chimnay blue and a ticket to the Sydney one dayer

We got all of our Families near and far and ended the day with empty kegs , full bellys and happy faces (could not have asked for a better Xmas )

ok since other people have gone into more detail about the beers they recieved. I got:
wychwood 4 pack (brother in law)
international discovery 8 pack (sister)
matilda bay 8 pack (brother)
random mix 8 pack (father in law)

cant be bothered going though my fridge and listing each beer individually but out of all of these beers I've tried hobgoblin from the wychwood pack, DAB from the discovery pack, all the matilda bays (being a local) and most of the random mix from the father in law (although a few surprises)
Went to my favourite bottle shop (big brews) today to purchase a brittish ale 4 pack my old man recieved for christmas but they were sold out so I purchased a german style wheat beer 4 pack instead but I've been told by my brother he'll find the brittish ale pack for my birthday next week.
Oh and the missus bought me a selection of beers I haven't tried which are yet to arrive.
the combination of all these new beers and the keg setup means I'm getting blind drunk every night trying to make room in my fridge for more beers AND kegs.

Hey, What is Boxing Day? What do you folks do on this day?

Up here we had the family together had a big feast and emtied a corny keg (Thomas Coopers Draught) was a beaut day

Back on track now, I got a few lures, boxer shorts, and money box in the shape of VW hippy van. but alas, nothing brew related.

Got one of these funky things & a breathalyser (from my mum) :lol:

tap2table.jpg

Did pretty well! Picked up:
STC-1000 (x2)
Over the side element
Refractometer
Digital thermometer

Only problem is the family holiday still has 4 weeks to go! So no brewing yet.

It's called boxing day because you box up all the unwanted present you got for Christmas and return them to the shop's for a full refund.Boxing day is the only day you don't need a receipt.Which also explains why the shops are all very busy. The smarter ones amongst us , stay home , drink beer , eat left over ham and watch the national summer game of Cricket. :ph34r:

Got nothing beer related for Chrissie...again!

A few vouchers, a few books, and a harmonica...gonna start channelling my inner Bob Dylan.

Boxing Day is a holiday in many countries, such as Australia, in the Commonwealth of Nations. It was traditionally a day for employers in England to give bonuses of money, leftover food or old clothing to their employees, or for lords to give agricultural tools and seeds for the coming year to their tenants. These gifts were presented in a box. Some people believe that this is the reason that December 26 is known as Boxing Day. Others think that the origin of the name is related to the box into which parishioners put church donations. In some areas, this box was opened on Boxing Day and the contents were distributed to the poor people of the parish.

a breathalyser (from my mum) :lol:

LOL. I got one from my brother. Was quite fun seeing who blew the highest reading around the Christmas dinner table :D Record was 0.4, after an intentional swig of wine, so all mouth alcohol :p

Boxing Day is a holiday in many countries, such as Australia, in the Commonwealth of Nations. It was traditionally a day for employers in England to give bonuses of money, leftover food or old clothing to their employees, or for lords to give agricultural tools and seeds for the coming year to their tenants. These gifts were presented in a box. Some people believe that this is the reason that December 26 is known as Boxing Day. Others think that the origin of the name is related to the box into which parishioners put church donations. In some areas, this box was opened on Boxing Day and the contents were distributed to the poor people of the parish.

It should be the day you punch out obnoxious relos you couldn't hit on crissy day because that'd be bad form ;) .

looks interesting, what is it and how does it work?

It's like a big jug thing, you fill up the inside canister with ice apparently & the outer one with beer or liquid of choice. Then just pour straight from the table, haven't tried it out yet though.

looks interesting, what is it and how does it work?

You fill it with beer and sit in on the table when you're having mates over. Then you sit around it and can drink without having to get up to get a new beer.

They have them in pubs/bars too, not sure if here but I've seen them around in Germany.

a 3 pack of weihestephan beer with a tall nice pint glass.
1 pint of their pilsner,
1 pint of their cloudy half weissen and
1 pint of their krystal weissen from my son.
:icon_drunk:
swmbo bought me a new dartboard and cabinet for the man cave.

Latest posts

Back