What Did You Get For Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie beer hamper.

Comes with the 4 headmaster schooner glasses, a stubbie each of XXXX Summer, Hienekin, Coopers Clear and Stones Ginger Beer.

Was also surprised to find underneath the megaswill:

A stubbie each of: JS One Fifty Lashes Pale Ale, JS Amber Ale and Fat Yak.

I Also got a 5L keg of Hienekin and 2 Hienekin glasses from the other (darker :ph34r: ) side of the family.
Edit: The last sentence was not racist, just referring to the "in-Laws" as the Dark-Side of the family :rolleyes:

How did you go with the dragon lady??

I received two books that I didn't expect which was really nice.

clone_brews.jpeg

htb3cover.jpeg

The beginnings of my all grain brewery. A 40L crown urn, a grain bag, 1m of silicon tubing and a 20L cube.

IMAG0164.jpg

^^ BIAB - Brew in a bed

I got a voucher for a craft brewery tour in Melbourne from my lovely wife, visiting three breweries in a day, ending the day at Biero.
That also includes the weekend in Melbourne, without the family. Very happy with that, will be a nice break.

Got a vacuum sealer. Should be useful for the vast amount of hops I have in the freezer at the moment.

But most excited by the 24hr sous vide pork ribs I'll be doing in the next day or 2.
:icon_drool2:

I did well this year, I got a March pump, plate chiller & 70L pot for the brewery. I also got some clothes, some Staun tyre deflators for the 4x4, and a bottle of Johnnie Walker green label.

Mixed pack of 10 very nice looking beers off the eldest son. The 1 litre Paulaner Oktoberfest can and massive beer glass to pour it in from daughter.

Particularly looking forward to trying the Chimay Blue ( should this be drunk at a particular temp?)

Oh and some cologne of other sone and nice new belt of youngest.

Ticket to soundwave!

(However I have used up about 10 yrs of my own xmas and birthday pressies with brewing items over the past few years...)

My lady friend supplied me with a playstation 3, 2200 watt element for HLT and temp controller and thermowell.

I dropped hints for vintage single malt scotch but got Jamesons, the luck of the Irish! :/

Enjoy your new toys all :icon_cheers:

Hehe, no hints here and scored a 18yo Extra Rare Glenmorangie :), Fancy gold box, fancy pamphlet inside. No idea when i will drink it but it is the oldest scotch i have owned, never tasted an 18 yo single malt.

Cheers,
D80

We had a fantastic Xmas Day, eat drink and be merry.

What Did You Get For Xmas

That's not big on our agenda.

I hope you all had a good one.

Batz

Mixed pack of 10 very nice looking beers off the eldest son. The 1 litre Paulaner Oktoberfest can and massive beer glass to pour it in from daughter.

Particularly looking forward to trying the Chimay Blue ( should this be drunk at a particular temp?)

Oh and some cologne of other sone and nice new belt of youngest.

In your second pic above, 4 in from the left. That Dunkel is a corker.

Robinox Forje Stainless Steel 98L brew pot :)

Thankyou to my Darling wife :)

And she's promised to whip me up a BIAB bag for it tomorrow :)

Back