What Case Of Beer Would U Buy In The U.s.a.?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I wouldn't buy a case of SNPA - it's a good beer, but I think LCPA is a better similar beer and can get that here at home, so would be looking to try lots of what I can't get something similar to at home.
im with you on this one. no doubt snpa is a fine beer and one all home brewers should try as the definition of a style, but there are oh so many styles (and beers) out there.

I like the Fat Tire from the New Belgium Brewing and from Real Ale Brewing Company I prefere Firemans #4 Blonde Ale. Great beers! :)

Alex

Ahh... Fat Tire lived off the stuff when i went skiiing in Colorado... great with antelope which is a little rich though

Pliny the Elder! and anything from the 'flying dog' brewery

Ya Fat Tire is awesome, pretty much anything from New Belgium Brewery is great my fav being there Abbey.

I like the Fat Tire from the New Belgium Brewing and from Real Ale Brewing Company I prefere Firemans #4 Blonde Ale. Great beers! :)

Alex

Costco have it CHEAP! Not bad stuff - I drank a bit of it in Seattle last year.

beers_ft_0.png

You can't go past the Stone beers I think.

I also agree that LCPA beats SNPA.

SNPA and Boston Lager are my go-to beers when out, they are like the VB and XXXX in bars (as in they are everywhere... they taste about 1000 times better). But sometimes I have LCPA cravings. I hope it hasn't changed too much in the year and a half I have been away from home.

Sixpoint, Rouge and Dogfish do some great beers.

Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout rocks my socks. It's out of season at the moment. But I've got a 6 month old bottle nicely aged for Ross when he gets over here.

Grab a few 40 oz bottles of Super strength malt liquors like Steel Reserve or St Ides and hang out with some homies :beer:

Get some crack too while you're at it!!!! I had a great time when I was over in the states last year drinking vile concoctions such as Sparks or Joose both malt liqour energy drinks. Big F**k off cans that get you buzzing and taste worse than most energy drinks. Drink 2 and before you pass out you're getting heart palpitations... healthy stuff, truly the land of the free...

In all seriousness though as it is a serious matter, recommendations on making the most of the Variety available is good as are those talking up Dogfish, Anything Sierra Nevada(available pretty much anywhere), Anything Rogue, Fat Tire was also delicous.

Additional recommendations: Arrogant ******* Ale by Stone Brewery I think it is and everything I tried from 'The Great Divide Brewery' were some of the nicest beers I've drank in a while, I think TGDB might be affiliated with Flying Dog Brewery....

I think Hebrew was pretty good too.... Be wary, wide variety and a lotta bad beer in that big messy country!

Let us know how it goes!!! Happy drinking!

Edit:shoddy spelling and grammar

For a bit of variety i would have 3 six packs from the Stones range and six pack of Green Flash IPA :icon_drunk:

Cheer SJ (and have a good trip!!!)

this reminds me of a dream i had a while back - i was in a giant USA bottle shop & was fkn buzzing like mad.

Thnaks for the reply's fellas. I will let u know how it goes. 10 days........so I am planning on drinking about 40 or 50 bottles. As I have a couple of pints per night at home, I have to give it a nudge on holidays. ;)

Steve

Too many beers to buy just one. That being said you probably won't find the same variety in Hawaii as mainland USA.

Check out the Hawaii section of Beer Advocate for more of an idea what to expect.

Rogue - St. Rogue Red :icon_drool2: Or their amber ale... awesome!

I lived there a few years ago to work. I was in Sonoma above San Fran in Cali. I was there for about 4 months and nearly drank a different beer everyday! The selection was awesome. I'd recommend some of the bear republic stuff. Its a great little microbrewery/pub in the Russian River area. My 2cents.

Back