What can of IPA and hops for first brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takasonfletcher said:
I just went out and bought some Hop Hog, :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: !!!

Yes a life changing moment!!!

Challenge, to make something that resembles this at some point!

First time brewer, I have my first batch of Coopers Lager (Came with the kit) on day 6 of fermentation, smells great tastes like very watery Beer hahah not expecting much for the first but will be dedicating my efforts to an IPA that, if, is half the quality of this Hop Hog I will be a VERY happy man,

will be keen to get some tips from those who are able to brew something close to that IPA please share your knowledge!

Cheers :beer:
Welcome aboard for the search for the Holy Grail. I am on a quest for a Hop Hog replica and am enjoying the adventure so far.

Takasonfletcher said:
I just went out and bought some Hop Hog, :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: !!!

Yes a life changing moment!!!

Challenge, to make something that resembles this at some point!

First time brewer, I have my first batch of Coopers Lager (Came with the kit) on day 6 of fermentation, smells great tastes like very watery Beer hahah not expecting much for the first but will be dedicating my efforts to an IPA that, if, is half the quality of this Hop Hog I will be a VERY happy man,

will be keen to get some tips from those who are able to brew something close to that IPA please share your knowledge!

Cheers :beer:
I finally made myself an AG Hop Hog clone and it is almost as awesome as the real thing! Death by hops please.

Yeh i think its won 5 or 6 australian beer awards.
You wana try yakima monster from liberty brewing or west coast ipa from green flash. A bit more bitter and hoppy than hop hog but similar flavor.

I have decided on 15g each of mosaic, citra, galaxy @ 10 min and 15g each of amarillo and cascade @ 5 or 6 days.
Not sure this will be hopy enough as a few ipa's on here have 150+gms of hops.

jzabski said:
I finally made myself an AG Hop Hog clone and it is almost as awesome as the real thing! Death by hops please.
Can you post your recipe so I can have a go?

Cheers

Pic of first brew.

Hope there's enough hops for an IPA

IMG_2334.JPG

Yeh.
Worked out about 60ish IBU inc hoped cans.

I cant see any yeast activity yet!
I pitched it at about 10:30 this morn.

Is there any issue with using two different types of yeast in the one wort?

Stii no sign of fermentation!
My SG was 1.058.
Would this be too high for 1 pack of yeast?
Im going to pitch another pack.

Didn't you say you were using BRY-97?

That's a notorious slow starter mate, some have reported 48hrs.

Yeah, I have had BRY-97 take two days to start up.......but when it did........ WHOOSHKA !!! SHe went off !
Be patient.

Sweet. Thanks guys.
I have already pitched a pack of nottingham!

Back