What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought back repressed memories of that Eskimo from the old Clutch Cargo cartoons. Cartoons with human mouths. What the ****?!?!..
Looks like it back to therapy for me.

hqdefault.jpg

The cure: The dream.
For anyone doubting the existence of a decline in music quality in contemporary mainstream, consider that bands like cure and david bowie were considered pop music.
Then listen to One Direction....

....with a sick bag nearby.

Listening to all day. After my daughter got called backstage by security at a recent concert. But he seems alright. But too much teen angst for my liking. But decent.

Triple J Like a Version 2013.
Amazing how much talent we have in Australia- some of these blokes get a great song and take it to a whole new level. If you get it listen to West Coast. My fav out of a lot of good songs on the album.

Not sure if Podcasts are allowed, but like everyone else on the internet I'm listening to "Serial". It's like a stylised whodunit/documentary & while it's easy to feel cynical about certain aspects of it, it's certainly engaging so far.

Got the new ACDC new Album. Was a bit sceptical.....

But I am really enjoying it. Just good old fashioned guitars, drums and vocals. Nothing electronic, nothing fake, just pure hard Rock n Roll. The way it should be

None of that fluffy bullshit that so called current "Artists" put out.

Nothing electronic? So no amps, pedals, mics, production, etc? Just acoustic guitar from angus young and brian johnson yelling over the top?

Currently recording some tracks with my lady and listening to dissent/descent. Apart from her voice and a couple of music boxes - all electronic, all performed live but recorded using electricity.

PS stu - I do know what you mean. Personal bugbear of mine when people try and lump all shit mainstream pop or techno in the electronic music camp when it's far from the case though. How electronic are pink floyd for example? I'm guessing you and I may not like all the same music but we quite likely hate a lot of similar music.

Now - karjalan sissit : Taa on katastroofi, saatana.

Having trouble providing a youtube link on phone but it's there for anyone interested. Finnish ambient industrial/neoclassical with occasional martial elements.

Dont worry, Pink Floyd ( who are one of my favorite bands ) would not be Pink Floyd without the electronic element.

oh....and ACDC amps are valve powered Marshall's and they dont use effects pedals..just pure guitar sound :)....

Back