What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonny Rollins, Hank Mobley and Art Blakey. Yep, B) I'm going hard on the housework and some Rudy Van Gelder blue note re-issues.

A fave from a few years ago.
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

Trying to get my moody 3yo out to the car to take him to daycare the other day.
The only thing that worked was convincing him I'd play some "Tiger Music" (Throwdown) in the car.
Crank a bit of metal and he's a happy chappy. :super:

**** me but for a change I thought I'd put Swans on.

Early live rendition of 'a screw':

Love it or hate it

And for those who like the doomier, sludgier side of things, check out Swans: money is Flesh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw Doom and GFK tonight, and I am sorry to say that it was sorely disappointing, I was at least expecting to be thrown a bone in the form of the collab track that they did on Dangerdoom... but no. Two separate quick rehearsed abridged call-and -response-funtime shows. And to top it off, Killah only played the acapella intro to Daytona 500, the soft part of one of the illest tracks of all time. I get a feeling that this is punishment for a strong AUD.

And I am just going to throw it out there that bogans and hip hop should never have met. They should have been segregated lest they breed into some hideous subspecies. Apparently I am 10 years too late and the new species is a virulant one that seemingly boasts immunity to all indicators of one's personal space, indicators of significant other's personal space, and one's efforts to maintain the sanctity of new kicks that one rarely affords oneself. Maybe I am just getting old and cranky. A choice of Carlton or Pure Blonde might be to blame (I drank extortionate Jamesons).
That sucks mate...

Although I do feel a little better about not forking out for this overpriced show.

the skatalites are getting me through uni work tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Fang-Murder the Mountains.

awesome link to relapse liamsnorkel, cheers :super:

Making beer. Feeling the Oneness.

Boognish be praised.

Frenzal Rhomb - Forever Malcolm Young.

Funny what you find under the seat of your car. In my case it was a few fluff encrusted Mc French fries, some screwed up receipts and an old Frenzal CD.

Never seem to be in front
Or part of the exciting times
Destined for a life of second best
The blackmail not the bribe
Together now whatever work has gone unsung
He'll be forever Malcolm Young
Always gnocchi not linguine
Never Hitler you're Mussolini
Often the sideshow but not the circus
Always Malcolm never Angus
End up Carlton you wanted to be Negus
Single pluggers never sneakers