What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beards :lol:

Dunno If anyone knows this lot but they are effin awesome!!

[edit]

(they remind me of Lecterfern) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beards

(they remind me of Lecterfern) :lol:
:lol: I can show you some old photos - I can outdo most of those guys efforts...plus a sleeveless flanny with no tatts (or beergut)? How does that work?

oops off topic...

Listening to: Ancestors "of sound mind" - pink floyd stoner doom ambient grouseness. Plus some Sunno))) and some sick shit from an AHB member that is just plain disturbing. Good to cook to oddly (ironically) enough.

If it's my stuff - I used to work as a chef.

Might explain something.

Listening to Brighter Death Now: Very Little Fun

Now well drunk and melancholic: Townes Van Zandt, Live at the old quarter. Pretty much metal and country for this old boy.

started going through nick cave & the bad seeds discog in chronological order on my commute.
this morning - from her to eternity & the firstborn is dead
this arvo - your funeral my trial & kicking against the pricks

now if they'd only make some country metal!! :D

Oh Yeah... me first and the gimme gimme's did a fabo rendition of Dolly Partons Joline

:lol:

Country metal was done badly by Metallica with Load and ReLoad. or at least i assume that was what they were going for. Terrible, terrible stuff :angry:

Currently thrashing the new Megadeth - 13. :super:

Country metal was done badly by Metallica with Load and ReLoad. or at least i assume that was what they were going for. Terrible, terrible stuff :angry:

Currently thrashing the new Megadeth - 13. :super:

and maybe

I heard some metal/country riffs from John 5 (used to play in Marilyn Manson's band). Not a fan of either, but pretty wild stuff. Hank III, whilst not metal is kinda hard punk/rockabilly/country. It's a funny sort of crossover, coz country is a white man's blues, and blues has strong ties with metal. Someone like John Lee Hooker did blues/country very well and crossed over to the mainsteam, mainly for blues though. SRV did blues so well for a white man that no-one else compares. However, you probably wouldn't hear too much "country/metal" from a black man.

started going through nick cave & the bad seeds discog in chronological order on my commute.
this morning - from her to eternity & the firstborn is dead
this arvo - your funeral my trial & kicking against the pricks

Nice work,

Kicking against the pricks is such a great covers album. Probably my favourite Bad Seeds album is abottior blues/lyre of orpheus. Just when you thought he might have been slowing down, this one seem to just burst out of thin air.

In response to my own post above, I guess you could say if Nick Cave was more metal he could pull off the metal/country thing. While he's never ever been metal, he's probably been more intense and dark and menacing and dramatic than a lot of metal artists could ever be.

I hate metal.

Nice work,

Kicking against the pricks is such a great covers album. Probably my favourite Bad Seeds album is abottior blues/lyre of orpheus. Just when you thought he might have been slowing down, this one seem to just burst out of thin air.

In response to my own post above, I guess you could say if Nick Cave was more metal he could pull off the metal/country thing. While he's never ever been metal, he's probably been more intense and dark and menacing and dramatic than a lot of metal artists could ever be.

I hate metal.

Funny. Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus is when I stopped buying Nick Cave albums. I think Blixa's absence really changed the sound in a way I don't like. No harm done - Nick's sound changed over the years, as it should and it's not there for my benefit.

Your funeral/my trial is a cracker of an album - one of my favourites.

Not hugely into most metal either but there's some good stuff that falls into the 'metal' category.

Personally I think country and metal would be a bad mix. Country and punk on the other hand

(slightly punkier than the first soundwise but the first is very appropriate for the forum)

Best Pantera song, love the solo in this mofo

:wub: awww you boys... now Im gunna have to go out the ferkin shed and listen to soem Pantera.... must be said... they have been one of the best live bands ive ever seen live... and that aint a limited selection... its Probably the second best gig after Suicidal Tendencies/ Anthrax as a double at Hi Fi in Vic

sigh :super:

[edit] grqmmer

Just bought a couple more finttroll albums: Nifelvind (I think the latest one) and Ur Jordeus Djup.

Listening to, from Nifelvind: Unter Bergens Rot.

For me this band has all the bits I like about metal (aggressive, fun, hearty and involving getting pissed with a bit of mythology) and very little of the true kvlt wannabe menacing wankery.

This film clip shows a band that don't take shit too seriously while still taking making music seriously (ie. not a joke band) and being considered part of the extreme metal genres:

Yes I'm sure I've posted this before.

Also Korpiklaani: beer beer just because it's on topic.

They love their grog mants.......Korpliklaani's Vodka is good too.

While we are on Viking metal......One of my favourite covers is Rasputin by Turisas.

P.S Nick Cave is my wifes cousins cousins uncle.......so effectively a complete stranger to me but she has had him over at her house for the festive season as a youth.

As is wooden pints, the song that first made me laugh and enjoy metal. Trollhammeren from finntroll was in there too.

'There are men underground, who have never seen the sun, but they really know how to party' (followed by a metal violin solo from a guy in a monk's habit coming from an outhouse, succeeded by some dudes playing stacks on after eating chicken in a rough fashion).

These two bands made me appreciate extreme metal is not all burning 1000+ yr old architecture, wearing stupid nails in a wrist band or producing offspring by ******* pandas. Thus they made me seek out bands like venom who are fun and sound cool (as opposed to many of the bands that followed in their footsteps, but badly).

Same thing happened to industrial music which I love and punk music too so I shouldn't be surprised. Just got into early metal backwards but I guess I got into industrial backwards too as I'm not quite old enough to have attended early SPK gigs.

pherkin love where this one has gone recently :lol:

for all the metal haters there is as a quick hilarious history link :lol:

or for the more modern take there is totally takin the piss but with respect!!

sorry but if ya born afta 79 ya prolly wont get what it meant at the time to have big hair!! lol

DIO and were responsible for heading me down the black road...

:super: FK Y'all

Oh and for the Ozzi Version I had If Ya dont know the chant you missed out

Latest posts

Back