What are you brewing II ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately no i havent tried it but have read about it hence the interest.Reckon Kook may have tried it if not we will have to hit up Jasony to try it and post a report as he is now based in the good old boys country.

Cheers
Big D

Hey big d, the name doesn't imply that at all mate but I like your way of thinking :lol: !

My young son shat on the floor whilst i was trying to mash-in so I was called into action!
And it was mashed at 66C and I'm not talking about the turd!!

C&B
TDA

*EDIT-added mash temp*

:lol: Mars Bars in the runoff and grogans on the floor at your place TDA... Am I starting to suspect you need a baby sitter? :D

BTW Despite it's name that stout looks the goods. B)

Warren -

Double batch yesterday, a Wobby Boot clone and a Choc/oat/coffee Stout, both of which are currently no-chilling in the pool. Seven and a half hours from filling the HLT to packing up. :)
I'll be bottling the Wobby boot as a reserve for the case swap and kegging the stout as a trial batch, if it cuts the mustard then I'll brew it as my Qld case swap contribution.

Double batch yesterday, a Wobby Boot clone and a Choc/oat/coffee Stout, both of which are currently no-chilling in the pool. Seven and a half hours from filling the HLT to packing up. :)
I'll be bottling the Wobby boot as a reserve for the case swap and kegging the stout as a trial batch, if it cuts the mustard then I'll brew it as my Qld case swap contribution.

Can you save me a bottle of the wobbly anyway? :)

Better start thinking about my contribution... Will see how I feel after the first AG, hopefully this weekend, something with Perle malt as a base anyway..That big bag looks at me accusingly every time I walk into the bar...

Can you save me a bottle of the wobbly anyway? :)

Better start thinking about my contribution... Will see how I feel after the first AG, hopefully this weekend, something with Perle malt as a base anyway..That big bag looks at me accusingly every time I walk into the bar...

Not a problem :)

I'm hoping to do both a Kolsch and a Dusseldorf Alt on Anzac day.

I know I'm a few weeks late but I'm sparging an Oktoberfest as I type...

Just finished off my brew for today, and what a day it was. First day of my holidays, and everything went perfect.
Today's brew was an APA (Beersmith file attached). I named it, Axis Pale Ale. The beer is to be kegged and drunk while playing some strategy board games like Axis and Allies and Risk in a few weeks time with friends.
Brew01.jpg

Aaahh!! Nothing like eating nachos and drinking an IPA for lunch while watching your brew :D . This beer was served at SWMBO's 30th birthday on Sat. There was one keg of beer and 1 full case of Carlton Mids. At the end of the night there was 1/3 of a keg and funny enough, 1 full case of Carlton Mids. I call that a success.
Brew02.jpg

Attachments

• APA.bsm
    16.9 KB · Views: 56
cough *nerd* cough :lol:

Your current RPA is tasty so Im looking forward to this one :chug:

...and damn Im feeling hungry now.

cough *nerd* cough :lol:
Aren't we all. Besides, these social games days only happen once every few years. Plus don't think I won't be taking the recipe sheet around and talking beer with them :ph34r: .

Tomorrow I'll be putting down a SFPA (first double batch so I'll see how my 38l Gatorade tub copes with 12Kg of grist). I'm sticking with the original version grain bill but going with bitter with chinook at 60mins and do 4 Cascade/ Amarillo additions over the final 20 mins.
Can't wait ! :super:

i couldn't get to a brew shop in time today and will be interstate for the next 2 weeks so i had to put something down tomorrow :)

this is what i'm doing with what i have:

3.50 kg. Pilsener
2.00 kg. Pale Malt

28.00 g. Hallertau - Pacific 60 min.
15.00 g. Nelson Sauvin 20 min.
15.00 g. Nelson Sauvin 5 min.

Wyeast 3944

Mash @ 66c

promash says it will come out with a 3.5 SRM so a fairly golden ale by the looks....

Tomorrow I'll be putting down a SFPA (first double batch so I'll see how my 38l Gatorade tub copes with 12Kg of grist). I'm sticking with the original version grain bill but going with bitter with chinook at 60mins and do 4 Cascade/ Amarillo additions over the final 20 mins.
Can't wait ! :super:

SWEET!!!!!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

how much chinhook are u using mate? and anything else for bittering?

Rob.

3.50 kg. Pilsener
2.00 kg. Pale Malt

28.00 g. Hallertau - Pacific 60 min.
15.00 g. Nelson Sauvin 20 min.
15.00 g. Nelson Sauvin 5 min.

Wyeast 3944

Wow. That sounds interesting, hughman. Love to know how that turns out.

Just crushed the grain for this. Will be brewing it tomorrow.

Just a basic house APA to get the stocks up.

aBeer
American Pale Ale

Type: All Grain
Date: 24/04/2007
Batch Size: 27.00 L
Boil Size: 34.30 L Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: My Equipment
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC) Grain 88.5 %
0.50 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 8.8 %
0.15 kg Caramalt (Joe White) (49.3 EBC) Grain 2.7 %
28.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (60 min) Hops 14.5 IBU
28.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (45 min) Hops 13.3 IBU
28.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (30 min) Hops 11.2 IBU
28.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (15 min) Hops 7.2 IBU
28.00 gm Cascade [5.50%] (0 min) Hops -
0.25 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Northwest Ale (Wyeast Labs #1332) [Starter 1200 ml] Yeast-Ale

cheers
johnno

Wow. That sounds interesting, hughman. Love to know how that turns out.

it's going to be interesting no doubt <_<

it's the yeast that is my limiting factor - i was hoping to get hold of a wlp001 to do a nice pale but alas no luck - every brew shop in my area shut early today (3:30pm!?)

i'm adding the nelson to see how it goes with the 3944, should be "fruity" to say the least. for balance of hop profile i might back off on the bittering hallertau from 28g to 20g, waddaya reckon?

SWEET!!!!!!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

how much chinhook are u using mate? and anything else for bittering?

Rob.

i did my last apa with 30g of bittering chinook, way too much IMO. it was all i could taste the next day :ph34r:
next one i try (next weekend) will have 20g chinook.

I'd ferment really cool with that one hugh (16-17) to limit ester production, I think the NS will be fruity enough on their own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back