What Are The Worst Labels You've Ever Had To Remove?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'orange power'

Cheers Sera

I probably won't be doing this though. I just got rid of all my 500mls to another brewer, I can't bear to throw them out. Now I have a wall of Coopers 750mls and 2 crates of Weihenstephaner bottle for when I brew something for my girlfriend who hates the Coopers bottles.

2 crates of Weihenstephaner bottle for when I brew something for my girlfriend who hates the Coopers bottles.
Hates Coopers bottles?
They're like the best longies still in production in Australia!!!

I have been labelled a foul mouthed drunked, pretty hard label to remove. <_<

"whats brewing?" label from about 15 years y/o off an old coca cola post mix keg.... was a nightmare even with orange oil

Drano crystals in a sink of hot water will take any label off in about 20 minutes. Wear gloves. Worst labels I've seen come from a local micro that you'd swear are welded onto the damn bottle. Paper label with a thin plastic membrane cover and I swear the same glue that NASA uses to stick the heat resistant tiles onto the space shuttles. But even they come right off with a drano soak. Prior to that chemical discovery, I couldn't even get them off with a SS scrubby pad.

Drano crystals in a sink of hot water will take any label off in about 20 minutes. Wear gloves. Worst labels I've seen come from a local micro that you'd swear are welded onto the damn bottle. Paper label with a thin plastic membrane cover and I swear the same glue that NASA uses to stick the heat resistant tiles onto the space shuttles. But even they come right off with a drano soak. Prior to that chemical discovery, I couldn't even get them off with a SS scrubby pad.
Oooh, that's vicious. I like ... and think I might arrange some ventilation, like open window(s) and range hood!

The worst I have come across are Bluetongue, Knappstein, and RedOak.

I usually just soak in bleach water for a day, then use a blunt knife edge to scrape off (easy to do), then scourer to remove the glue lines (even easier)

Will need to try some of this Orange Power

Murray's and Schwartz.

I used to try, now I can't be bothered, I just chuck them.
?
I stick my Murrays bottles in the sink after I do the dishes and they pretty much fall off.

Getting the labels off SJ's bottles of beer he sent me... it's like they aren't there? :ph34r:

Worst: Pigs Fly Pale Ale
Best: Lowenbrau - 10 mins in a sink of hot water and they just peel off!

I love having all the labels removed. Makes the beer fell more like 'my craft brew' and less like some 'knocked together home brew'.

Hates Coopers bottles?
They're like the best longies still in production in Australia!!!

I contest the words "still in production" because they went to cheap and dubious screwtops for a period, but obvioulsy the bomebrewers protested.

Yep... she think that they are ugly bottles for simpletons or something. I think that they are just a bullet-proof beer delivery vessel.

I think the best labels to remove are the Sam Smith ones... you look at them sideways and they fall off.

For those who have a problem with glue remaining on the bottle, rubbing a cotton ball dipped in eucalyptus oil on it takes it straight off.

I have been labelled a foul mouthed drunked, pretty hard label to remove. <_<

Ha! I bet soaking only seems to make it worse too!

Holy God in Heaven.

Barons.

Latest posts

Back