Wet Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffi

Reaction score
This from the Huffington Post today:

Wet hops

Remember the days when American beer was glibly mocked? How many Australian beer drinkers even know what hops is, let alone wet hops? This country is in so many ways still on its training wheels.

Cant say i've tried the Rogue wet hop beer, but if its anything like the rest of their range it will be devine!!

But I did try Sierra Nevada Wet Hop Ale, and that was nothing but pure bliss :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

This from the Huffington Post today:

Wet hops

Remember the days when American beer was glibly mocked? How many Australian beer drinkers even know what hops is, let alone wet hops? This country is in so many ways still on its training wheels.

This is true but Red Hill, Cascade and Bridge Rd have all produced wet hops beers, so the practice isn't unknown here.

Many american drinkers still wouldn't know what they are. The US craft beer industry is ahead of ours but Bud and Coors still dominate the market...

This is true but Red Hill, Cascade and Bridge Rd have all produced wet hops beers, so the practice isn't unknown here.

Many american drinkers still wouldn't know what they are. The US craft beer industry is ahead of ours but Bud and Coors still dominate the market...

It's more the fact that an article about what might be seen as an archane brewing method would appear in a prominent media outlet that impresses me. But it is true that the size of the American market means that you can have a product with 'fringe appeal' that still appeals to tens of millions of consumers.

Speaking of Australian wet hopped beers, the Bridge Road Galaxy IPA was a stand out yesterday at the microbrew showcase & even better was a black and tan of that and the B2 Bomber. I don't know if it's technically wet hopped though. Just uses a lot of the most recently harvested Galaxy. Their Saison was also tasting amazing.

Latest posts

Back