Westinghouse 130lt Cycle Temperature Range

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okolicsa

Reaction score
I have recently got a westinghouse wrm1300wc of evilbay for fermenting and cold crashing (one like this http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/130l-we...-wrm1300wc.aspx thanks ada for the link :) ). As I already had a brew ready for cold crashing I decided to use the fridge. I have noticed that between its cycles the tempriture varies between 0 and 10 degrees (not using a temperature controller at the moment).

Does anyone know if this is normal for this bar fridges?
and would a temperature controller such as the STC-1000 help with this temperature variance?

Thanks

Set the fridge to it's lowest setting and use an STC-1000 to maintain your desired temp to +/- 0.5 deg C. This is what I do anyway...

a ten degree cycle seems massive to me ?

how are you checking that ? air temp of the fridge or some liquid temp ?

how are you checking that ? air temp of the fridge or some liquid temp ?

I am checking the air temp using the thermostat (from the gov home efficiency package) placed on the top door shelf. Currently waiting for the STC-1000 to arrive and then to box it.

air temps are hard to use as even opening the door makes a big change

IMO put the temp gauge inside a sealed tupperware thing with a unopened can (etc) of something etc and it will not swing so much as it will have some thermal mass

I have a older model 10years or so , same brand , same size, works very well for CCing 23L of beer.
I have the settings on MID and on a cooler day it will go 0.5 to 1 degree below zero according to my stc 1000.
I usually just aim to keep it at zero when CCing.

Back