Wedding Beer (no commercial hate) - Please Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My choice would be new friends.
Other than that..........
get 3 kegs of something different

No better time to convert megaswillers to real beer than when they have no option.

If anyone comments about the beer choices, tell me thats the way the vote went.
Every one will feel like a twat for voting for shit beer.......

1 x Quality Euro Lager.........Lowenbrau is user friendly
1 x US PA.......Pintail Pale
1 x Summer Ale....such as Mountain Goat

Liam_snorkel said:
bring a case of good beers for the bridal table, let the others have their carlton.
This.
Its your, or to be more specific, your wifes day. Give them what they want and dont give it a second thought. Any guest with the audacity to complain about getting free beer and a three course meal in a nice setting needs to be shown the door post haste.

Thanks for the input. As for new friends, unfortunately this is a mostly family affair. I'm not drinking the swill, I have a cider (the bellarine) localish to the area. Most of these people are truckies or cockies, neither of which breed likes to drink fancy beer. Would love to have kegs, but limited to bottles. See what else flows in as far people opinions. I'm not blowing a mint on craft beer for people that are likely to leave most of it because it tastes different to what they're used to. Cheers

Mate I'de blow a fortune on the craft beer

Then once wedding is over you get to drink all the left overs if there is any left

rude said:
Mate I'de blow a fortune on the craft beer

Then once wedding is over you get to drink all the left overs if there is any left
I'm a uni student, shes a pharm assistant. We've just bought a house. We have a 5 week honeymoon starting 2 days after wedding in the U.S. So we haven't got a fortune to blow on craft beer, especially as its just essentially something for them to try out. The wedding is about 600ks from home so no chance of even dropping it back before we fly out if we did go that route.

I don't really care that they voted for swill, it's better for us as far as the hip pocket is concerned. I'll have some decent cider in my glass and plenty of decent wine for those who drink it.

josh1990 said:
I'm a uni student, shes a pharm assistant. We've just bought a house. We have a 5 week honeymoon starting 2 days after wedding in the U.S. So we haven't got a fortune to blow on craft beer, especially as its just essentially something for them to try out. The wedding is about 600ks from home so no chance of even dropping it back before we fly out if we did go that route.

I don't really care that they voted for swill, it's better for us as far as the hip pocket is concerned. I'll have some decent cider in my glass and plenty of decent wine for those who drink it.
I wouldn't worry too hard, sounds like you have it sorted.

I'm sure most of the replies on here are tongue-in-cheek anyway.

Cracking on with Cider and Wine sounds like a plan..... (prepares to get banned from this forum forever).

Enjoy your day Josh and congratulations mate.

People aren't coming for the beer, they are coming to help you celebrate your day. Whatever you decide on will be just fine.

Have a cracker.

josh1990 said:

Why didnt you say so? Go to Aldi and get the cheapest stuff they have.
If you dont have an Aldi, Dans has stuff such as Bittburger or Ottenger which is cheap as chips but still a decent German lager which even the most hardened disel dyke or crop duster will be happy to scoff.

Yep, lowenbrau usually come pretty cheap from dans too.....

mate im in the same boat as you, our engagement party coming up in jan when i get home from work, only myself and 3 mates drink decent beer, the rest of my mates and family are un-swingable megaswillers, meh each to their own, so i made the executive decision to just buy a dozen cases of carlton dry from whoever is selling it cheapest in town, and 2 cases of craft which i haven't decided what yet, probably a slab of stone & wood and a slab of a session IPA.
keeps everyone happy,

enjoy your day!

Droopy Brew said:
Go to Aldi and get the cheapest stuff they have.
He said he hasn't got a fortune to blow on craft beer, not that he hates his guests with a passion..

Go any CUB product. With the money they've saved by screwing over their Victorian workers they'll surely lower their prices to the consumer...(sorry, there I go again).

Currently necking a bottle of Aldi's Sainte etienne lager. At $30 a case it's a steal imo. Minus the slight metallic hint in the finish.

mattymcfatty said:
Currently necking a bottle of Aldi's Sainte etienne lager. At $30 a case it's a steel imo. Minus the slight metallic hint in the finish.
FTFY

Wow, and I remember the day I found Tooheys Old at a wedding and felt spoilt!

I WAS going to have a dig but as you're having a wedding at a winery, that's pretty damn sweet.
If no one likes the beer, they can always enjoy a (hopefully) good glass of red or white.
As for the beers, You've got a lager & mid, so I'd steer towards Draught.

All the best with the wedding and honeymoon.

Lol surely you expected this reaction?

I'd get the same response if I posted on a Ferrari forum "Which car should I buy my wife? Kia Rio, Toyota Corolla or Falcon on LPG? No hate please not everyone likes performance cars "

Of the 4 choices, I'd go Carlton Draught given the other 2 already chosen. Problem is that the others have their fans (weird I know), but at least it's not a choice between Carlton and VB, then you'd truly be stuffed.

i suspect no one really cares what beer they get. They're there to celebrate with you and your bride, the beer is just a bonus.

Congrats

cheers mate, might as well throw goon sacs on as well so there's no discrimination (tongue in cheek)

hope you have a great day

I'd agree with Blind Dog. I put a lot of effort into beer, wine and cocktails for my first wedding. No one remembers them. It's about you and your betrothed.

Latest posts

Back