We are going on kickstarter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most people moving up from bucket brewing are more likely going to for pressure fermenting.

They should do a device like this that has a built in spunding valve that would account for the pressure in the vessel.

Digitally controlled spunding valve would be very nice addition to a Fermentasaurus etc, especially if it monitored gravity as well.

Otherwise I don't see a huge market in Australia as not many ferment in carboys. The in-wort devices seem like a better system to me.

Hrmm. Just noticed on the reddit post of this kickstarter, the makers of this device have stated it's a cloud service, that will require their servers for this device to function. So, if, or perhaps when given recent history, this company goes belly up, and the bills for their servers aren't getting paid, this device will cease to function. That's a pretty big red flag for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewin...rlock_fermentation_monitoring_device/djj9ufk/
Agree, wouldn't go near anything that requires internet connectivity & access to their service to function. Given the internet services available to much of the country there could be a few gaps in the data too ;)

Agree, wouldn't go near anything that requires internet connectivity & access to their service to function. Given the internet services available to much of the country there could be a few gaps in the data too ;)
Maaaaate, it's got the cloud!

Back