Water, Wine & Beer Connoisseurs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildaYeast

Reaction score
Debated where to post this -- the new 'Beer Accompaniement' forum; humour; the pub?

A couple of links from a water industry newsletter that a mate of mine puts together in the US (I used to do something similar here). I'm sure a few will disagree with the views of Dave Barry in the second piece on beer, but probably only a bit -- I reckon even when we're serious, we're less likely to lose our humour than wine (or water) folks.

What does a 'water connoisseur' think about... well, water?

Commentary: See the comments posted after this article... they say it all. Dave Barry once described a sommelier as someone who has a God-given ability to lay it on with a trowel. A fit description for this so-called connoisseur!

Cheers, Brian

What a whacko...why on Earth would you want to spend that much time and effort caring about what dish water goes well with [especially seeing as its really all the same thing] when you can have a nice glass of beer or wine!

Loving the comments though, especially the one about enjoying the air with a brace of poached plovers eggs, haha. And that second bit about the wine tasting - great! Especially the part at the beginning defining the gap between wine drinkers and beer drinkers. Massively stereotyped, but it makes sense.

Nice work. I've past both of these links onto my wine geek mates.

Back