Water Profile In Adelaide?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willanth

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I have searched across the SA Water web site, and also here to see if there was anything posted in the past. Does anyone have the mineral content information of Adelaide's water? I know it's a bit of an institutional joke, and I wouldn't dare use it straight out the tap. I have a pair of sub-micron activated carbon filters that I am going to be filtering the water with prior to filling the equipment.

Not having much experience with pre-filtering water and such, how much of the water's mineral profile is going to carry over and how much of it is going to get trapped?

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,
Will

Link

Link contains a beersmith water profile for Adelaide water if you just want to import it, otherwise...

Adelaide, SA
Calcium(Ca): 27.0 ppm
Magnesium(Mg): 14.0 ppm
Sodium(Na): 74.0 ppm
Sulfate(SO4): 59.0 ppm
Chloride (Cl): 123.0 ppm
Bicarbonate(HCO3): 66.0 ppm
PH: 7.4 PH

Search function yields another couple of results discussing pros/cons of Adelaide water.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm new to the continent and I'm not really sure where a lot of the information I'm looking for is located.

Cheers,
Will

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm new to the continent and I'm not really sure where a lot of the information I'm looking for is located.

Cheers,
Will

No probs Will

Just found an updated spreadsheet that goes to 2006 here.

Pedro

Back