Wasabc - Wa State Amateur Brewers Competition 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keifer33

Reaction score
Was wondering today when this was going to be running and the details are up on the site for 2011.

WASABC.org said:
Gday and welcome to the website for the 5th annual West Australian State Amateur Brewers Competition.

Last years event was a huge success, with a record 238 entries from 53 brewers. A huge thanks to our sponsors, judges and stewards for making the event possible.

This years event will be held on 17th and 18th of September. The entry form is available on the Entry page. Full details regarding drop-off points can be seen on the entry form.

All entries must be received by 5:00pm, 9th September.

For all the latest news regarding the competition, please check the News page.

Website - http://wasabc.org/
Entry Pack - http://wasabc.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/...-Entry-Pack.pdf

You're a champ, Keifer. I was thinking about this just today.
Cheers.

Good to see it's only $4 per beer entry rather than $20 that the royal show wants. Time to plan out my brew schedule for this.

Yeah whats going on. Is this happening anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Anyone had any emails yet saying their beers have won a place??? :blink:

Andrew

Anyone had any emails yet saying their beers have won a place??? :blink:

Andrew

I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking that everyone just gets the invite in the mail to the Sail next Wednesday and then the winners are announced on the night, mate.

Cheers.

All will be revealed after next Wednesday. The award ceremony is at the Sail and Anchor but that doesnt help you up in Karatha. I believe they will be emailing/posting score sheets out after this event.

So who is heading down tomorrow night? I'm not expecting any dangly metal things, but a beer should be good!
Cheers.

I will be there to enjoy the start of Octoberfest celebrations a day early :) plus a free beverage is always a winner.

So how did it go last night? Wanted to go but had a family thing. Anyone note down the results?

Congrats to all people who placed, good work.

Props to the coy bloke who scores over 40 with a cube-hop-only apa.

Damn last by a long way in 2 categories, 4th in another 2. Weird thing is I prefer the beers that scored low and thought the other ones weren't all that good. Will be very interested in seeing the score sheets. Now I'm hoping the were infected to get such a low score.

Looks like I will be entering a few next year :)

It was a good night. Great to put faces to yet more names. It's a shame about the drop in entries this year, though.

Congrats to Matt Stevens along way from home, but still brewing up a storm.... :beer:

Latest posts

Back