Warehouse 48 Litre Esky

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Just flicking through the junk mail tonight and spied a 48 litre esky at the Warehouse for $39.99.
My esky is on its way out so have my eyes open for another one.
Has anyone checked this model out ? Does it have a drain (not visibile in the catalog) ?

Beers,
Doc

if it aint got a drain it easy to drill a 22 mm hole with a timber spade bit ....thats what i did with me first mash tun

That was plan B :p
Wanted to know up front if that was going to be required.

Doc

timmy said:
is an esky food grade? :ph34r:
[post="118498"][/post]​

Does it matter ? Its going to get boiled.
My current esky even if it was food grade doesn't look food grade anymore after many years of use as a mash tun :p

Beers,
Doc

PS: The Warehouse have a store in Castle Hill. Are we going to buy the only two they have ? :lol:

$29.99 or $39.99 Doc? First post and title have different prices.

THink I'll have to look into it. The lid barely fits on my mash tun nowadays, a few too many brews has left it a bit sagged and out of shape. From memory the warehouse one didn't look very good, no drain. although it was a while ago, may not be the same esky.

PS my brewing has been put on hold due to a pending move to Canberra.

EDit:grammarrr

Confirmation on $39.99.

Doc

Hi Doc

Thanks for the heads up. This will have to be my next project.

Here is the Catalogue it is on page 10.

Go Tahs on Friday! Should be a cracker! :super:

looks like Im going to grab one tommorow at that price

If you need to borrow a hole saw let me know Doc, I can drop it over.

What where you thinking in the ways of a manifold? False bottom? Combination of the two?

Cheers,
Jarrad

Jazzafish said:

What where you thinking in the ways of a manifold? False bottom? Combination of the two?

Cheers,
Jarrad
[post="118539"][/post]​

Thanks for the offer JF.
I was hoping my existing manifold would fit straight in. If not I will go the braided hose route.

Doc

Cheers Doc - my junk mail will never go straight in the bin again :D
Steve

If anybody has a look at one of these today can you post some info on it? Primarily an indication of the general quality level and whether it has an outlet.

I mentioned it to a mate who is keen to get into AG brewing and he is going to go and have a look on the weekend. He is relying a fair bit on my advice on this one and I don't want to give him a bum steer having never actually see it in person.

Doc said:
Jazzafish said:

Cheers,
Jarrad
[post="118539"][/post]​

Thanks for the offer JF.
I was hoping my existing manifold would fit straight in. If not I will go the braided hose route.

Doc
[post="118547"][/post]​

No worries, I use the braided hose at the moment, does the trick

i bought two of these today. Here are the results of my checks

1. Boiling water for 5mins

No sign of damage or warping

2. Drain plug

Drain plug is unscrewable and 15mm all thread goes right through

3.Temp hold test

I havnt had a chance to do this yet

This will be used for my first all grain, and hopfully i will set up a herms system with it so temp hold shouldnt be a problem

Also if you are using the ss braid trick, you can just cut one end of the stretch it and shrink it, then get an exacto knife in just before the other end and remove the inner tubbing, leaving the outer and 15mm nut intact this allow you to screw straight onto the end of the all thread

Hope this post provides some use

David

berazafi said:
i bought two of these today. Here are the results of my checks

1. Boiling water for 5mins

No sign of damage or warping

2. Drain plug

Drain plug is unscrewable and 15mm all thread goes right through

3.Temp hold test

I havnt had a chance to do this yet

This will be used for my first all grain, and hopfully i will set up a herms system with it so temp hold shouldnt be a problem

Also if you are using the ss braid trick, you can just cut one end of the stretch it and shrink it, then get an exacto knife in just before the other end and remove the inner tubbing, leaving the outer and 15mm nut intact this allow you to screw straight onto the end of the all thread

Hope this post provides some use

David
[post="118680"][/post]​

Thanks for the info David. So is it a 1/2 inch male thread on the inside of the esky? Sorry just a bit unsure of what you mean...

Sounds like it would work well as a mash tun anyway!

yep 1/2 male all thread going through the wall of the esky

Fantastic Berazafi. Thanks for checking it out and reporting back.
Will be sending Mrs Doc out for one tomorrow.

Beers,
Doc

Back