• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanting To Buy Taps, Shanks And Drip Tray

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reg

Reaction score
Good evening,

I am looking to buy the following

2 or 3 x perlick or shirron taps
2 or 3 x 4 inch shanks to go through fridge door
1 a drip tray to mount under taps on a fridge door

Any body got any of the above that they are looking to part with?

PM me if you have.

Also if I am able to get what I want then I will be selling my floryte taps if anybody wants them.

If you don't get any nibbles and decide to go for new check out www.easykegging.com.au

I just bought acouple of taps/shanks/disconnects from them and they are very reasonably priced. Their prices aren't listed on the website and you can't purchase from the site, you will need to call them. He has some 12 inch fridge mount drip trays at the moment and will have some 14 inch ones for $60 in about a month.

Not familiar with these types of taps, however I can recommend Celli taps from Ross @ Craftbrewer as an alternative.

Have you checked all the sponsors sites above?

hi

sorry, hope ya dont mind if i hijack this thread slightly

just wondering a good place to hunt down branded taps in particular a Kilkenny tap.

mmmmmmmmm kilkenny

cheers
carty B)

why not just fridge adaptors for ya florytes thats what im using .. works great and easily removed for cleaning ...

why not just fridge adaptors for ya florytes thats what im using .. works great and easily removed for cleaning ...
I might end up going that way.
Was just wanting to forward sealing taps.
Now I think of it I have never had any trouble with them, but you do hear from some people from time to time doing so and the last thing I want is a slime ball in my beer.

Still going to need a drip tray though.

Now I think of it I have never had any trouble with them, but you do hear from some people from time to time doing so and the last thing I want is a slime ball in my beer.

Reg, I have a drip tray for sale. It is second hand but looks like this
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=859
I can send an actual photo of mine if your interested.

I think your current taps are forward selaing. Florytes are a forward sealing tap.

and also very easy to replace seals and things, i think a seal kit costs about $4, andale are only over at airport west too so relatively close ..., go over and tell them what your trying to achieve and they will give you the options of whats available adaptors available for fonts fridges and all kinds of things ...

Hey Reg

I have two SS drip trays that might interest you. See pictures below...

Large - 80Lx23Wx7H $70
Medium - 70Lx23Wx7H $60

I've sold these to a few mates at the Canberra Brewers. They simply drill a keyhole into them and hang them on the fridge door. Having a drain tube is also a plus as you can have them drip into a cube at the side of your fridge.

Let me know if your interested... Offer is open to other punters, but Reg has first dibs.

IMG_0665__Large_.JPG

IMG_0669__Large_.JPG

I think your current taps are forward selaing. Florytes are a forward sealing tap.

Very True. They seal by pressing down on the nozzle. Cant get much further forward than that!

Another advantage of your florytes is that they can easily be snapped out and stored in the freezer/fridge while not serving. Having the tap nice and cold reduces the excessive head you get on the first pour with warm taps. (Usefull if your kegerator is outside like mine, and its 30+ degrees for 3 or 4 weeks in a row).

Latest posts

Back