• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted To Buy: Nasa Burner Or Rambo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkirky

Reaction score
As title...

I have set up my mash tun and 50 liter pot, now just need a NASA burner or rambo burner...

Beerbelly are out of stock and I cant find anywhere else who can supply the nasa burner on a stand.

Im in sydney and happy to pay near new price for second hand. Cheers in advance!

Check out the sponsors and see if they have any in stock

As title...

I have set up my mash tun and 50 liter pot, now just need a NASA burner or rambo burner...

Beerbelly are out of stock and I cant find anywhere else who can supply the nasa burner on a stand.

Im in sydney and happy to pay near new price for second hand. Cheers in advance!

Hi jkirky,

Check this shop mate.

http://www.globeimporters.com.au/GlobeWebsite/globe.html

I bought two "nasa" gas burners on stands and two 90 litre pots from them many years ago, well before sponsors existed on this site.
At that time you could get braided HP hoses and the proper regulators as well all from the same store.
IIrc the burners on their own were only about $30.00 ea. I think that they are a bit more costly now.

Good luck,

Hi jkirky,

Check this shop mate.

http://www.globeimporters.com.au/GlobeWebsite/globe.html

I bought two "nasa" gas burners on stands and two 90 litre pots from them many years ago, well before sponsors existed on this site.
At that time you could get braided HP hoses and the proper regulators as well all from the same store.
IIrc the burners on their own were only about $30.00 ea. I think that they are a bit more costly now.

Good luck,

That's were I bought mine may years ago as well. I think it was Ben who scored me my pots.

Batz

Sorry guys, I can tell you that they have none available either - this is a genuine 'no-one in Aus has them in stock' situation. They are only bought into the country by one importer as far as I am aware, and that importer is no longer bringing them in, regardless of my willingness to get a couple of pallets at once. I am considering heading overseas in the near future to source a replacement, but until then we are S. O. O. L.

Sorry guys, I can tell you that they have none available either - this is a genuine 'no-one in Aus has them in stock' situation. They are only bought into the country by one importer as far as I am aware, and that importer is no longer bringing them in, regardless of my willingness to get a couple of pallets at once. I am considering heading overseas in the near future to source a replacement, but until then we are S. O. O. L.

OK so hang on the one you have spare Batz? Never been fired up.

Batz

forget the rambos, nasas ...

get on down to BOC, welding supplies shop etc and grab a heating torch B)

6.jpg

100_2750.jpg

100_2751.jpg

I use a four ring burner with a low-med adjustable reg on my 50-80L kettle and it works too well at times. You can get these from most good camping stores or even BBQs Galore. Mine came with a stand and only cost me $50 about 4 years ago. Flame covers the whole bottom of the pot too, so you get good heat distribution.

Cheers,

TS

forget the rambos, nasas ...

get on down to BOC, welding supplies shop etc and grab a heating torch B)

6.jpg

100_2750.jpg

100_2751.jpg

Yardy, I've seen flames like that when the F-111s hit the afterburners on take off (albeit a bit bigger) That is a serious flame mate.

cheers

Browndog

PS, best one I've seen was during a very low practice run over the base one day, I pulled over my car thinking they would be flying right over the spot where I was. I got out of the car and they had a dump and burn going about 200ft directly over my head, I nearly shit myself, I had to sheild myself from the heat!

Farking brilliant Yardy! How much are they?

gday fj,
i got mine through work so i'm not sure how much they are, have a look here http://www.welderssupplies.com.au/product/...D-HOSES/29.html or give your local BOC bloke a call, i don't know why more brewers aren't using them to be honest.
heating the strike water it gets over 2*C a minute.

PS, best one I've seen was during a very low practice run over the base one day, I pulled over my car thinking they would be flying right over the spot where I was. I got out of the car and they had a dump and burn going about 200ft directly over my head, I nearly shit myself, I had to sheild myself from the heat!

:D

one of my mates calls the burner 'the F1-11'

cheers

Dave

Our local camping store (Downunder Camping?) has a Primus Nasa with stand and reg, but at $150 I went with a Rambo from one of the sponsors. Note that they were selling the non-primus one with stand and reg for about $60 <_< .

I got mine through work so i'm not sure how much they are.

cheers

Dave

I may just have to get one of those from work as well ;)

Batz

Guys,

The so called "Nasa" burner is the same burner that is used in many old clothes washing coppers.

Many would remember the copper that used to sit on the back verandah near the wash house (laundry) and would be fired up on wash day to boil the clothes in.

A lot of guys grab those old coppers at sales as they make great crab cookers.
This is in the era just after Mum used to chop the wood for the earlier model. (not gas fired) :lol:

Anyway good luck with your search but it does seem that they are not available at the moment.

Cheers

At Bankstown Markets Yesterday...

1 4 Burner with stand...$75.00....ono...
1 4 Burner No adjusters no stand $40.00 Right hand side of market about 3 rows in.

1 Rambo $10.00 ( But it sold.)
50 Lt Pots $100.00..
Cheers
PJ

Here's a link to the Primus site. linky

I may just have to get one of those from work as well ;)

Batz

mate, you can't go wrong with the torch, gas usage is ok as well, or at least with the 18 gallon keggle i've got, it's suprising how small a flame keeps it at a rolling boil B)

Dave

mate, you can't go wrong with the torch, gas usage is ok as well, or at least with the 18 gallon keggle i've got, it's suprising how small a flame keeps it at a rolling boil B)

Dave
Dave,
thats one impressive flame, you don't get a hot spot developing in the keggle?

Dave,
thats one impressive flame, you don't get a hot spot developing in the keggle?

no mate, never had scorched wort or signs of it in either keggle ( 50 lt or the current 18 gallon)

like i said to Batz, the base of the 18 gallon keggle requires very little flame to keep it ticking over at a rolling boil, i'm guessing the ring around the base of the 50lt keggle was restricting the burn, i always meant to drill a few holes in it to see if there was an improvement.

cheers

Here's a link to the Primus site. linky

I saw one of those in Home Hardware last week.
A very impressive looking piece of gear, however,
They wanted around $200.00 for it. :eek:

Cheers

Back