• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted.. Pc Mother Board

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Guys, I am chasing a Mother board to replace my old one..

Currently I have an ASUS socket A AMD setup. If I can get a working socket A Mother board I will swap my CPU, RAM, AGP Video card and drives

If not if any one has a working 2nd hand board with CPU and (RAM not essentiall as I will buy some if needed ) I will swap over my hard drives, PS etc

Dont need a rocket, just somthing that runs beteween 1.2 & 2 Ghz. Its really only used for internet and storage of my pics, movies and music

I've been using the same computer mob since 1998 and am on to my fourth machine from them, couldn't recommend them too highly and if you have about 400 clams to spend, you could consider upgrading in one fell swoop - I recently bought the barebones Intel Dual Core. I expect they ship anywhere. Brilliant machine and heaps of space to put in your old drives and wireless whatever.

http://www.concordecomputers.com.au/index.php?cPath=117_120

Dude, ditch the socket A. You can build an entire new barebones rig (motherboard with onboard video, RAM, CPU) for under $200.

MSI G31M3-L - onboard LAN, video, socket 775 (Intel) $55
4GB DDR2-800 Kingston or G.Skill RAM $64
Intel E5300 Core2 duo 2.6GHz $89
total $208

You can do it cheaper if you go for AMD instead, but the core2duo would be better. There are plenty of other motherboard options there with different features, I just picked the first cheap decent one I spotted.

http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

EDIT: just spotted you're in Grafton. Take a look at www.itestate.com.au They're about as cheap as MSY, but they ship

Mate, got a probably 5 or 6 lying around here. What processor Athlon/Duron and what core? Will dig them out and get numbers so you can look the specs up. All work fine but will test to post before I list them.

I will part with one for a donation to AHB ;)

Cheers

I will part with one for a donation to AHB ;)

And a donation to the "Chappo's Beer Drinking Fund" where all proceeds will be guaranteed to be directly and appropriately p!ssed up against the wall of your choice! ;)

There's a reason those things are just lying around. Seriously, it's time for an upgrade.

Latest posts

Back