• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaldo

Reaction score
Not sure if now is the right time to be planting hops, but I'd love to give it a go.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some rhizomes I'd appreciate it. Goldings and nobel varieties preferred.

Cheers,

David.

Not sure if now is the right time to be planting hops, but I'd love to give it a go.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some rhizomes I'd appreciate it. Goldings and nobel varieties preferred.

Cheers,

David.
Not the right time to plant them at the moment, wait until the end of winter and lots of people will have them for sale and or free to a good home.

Not the right time to plant them at the moment, wait until the end of winter and lots of people will have them for sale and or free to a good home.

Thanks Ampy! :)

Cheers,

David.

It is certainly not time to be planting them, they are almost at the end of the active growth cycle. The tops die off in winter...
At least you didn't ask for seeds, you did know to ask for rhizomes. Try reading some more, this is a good AHB place to start: DIY Hops - How to Grow and Use Them

Acknowledging it is off season, if anyone has nelson sauvin rhizomes they are planning to sell in a couple of months let me know and count an early order in for me! I will probably need to divide some crowns over winter too, so may be able to trade EK Goldings, Chinook or Pride of Ringwood rhizomes in exchange - or happy to purchase.
Cheers

J

good luck getting nelson savin, i think they are in the same category as citra and amarillo ie commercially trade marked

bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger. That explains why I can't seem to find any. Thanks. :angry:

Back