• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turto77

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am after a chest freezer to use for fermentation, the one I was using is now my keg fridge.
Anything up to 220 litre would be fine, doesn't have to be perfect just as long as it works. Please PM me if you have anything you are willing to part with.

Off topic but, I recently had an experience buying a fridge, bought and 303L upright freezer from the weekend shopper and when I went to check it she said she had just turned it on. It seemed to be cooling down so I left a deposit and went to organise a trailer etc. Got back picked it up and took it home. A few hour of use and it was cool but definately not freezing and I noticed the inside fan was not running. Rung up woman I bought it off and she says the fridge is my partners so ring him. I ring him and and he tells me the fan doesn't run on the defrost mode and that it works fine. I said I'll test it overnight a tell him tomorrow. Next day not cool so I ring him up to discuss bringing it back and then his attitude change quite dramatically and he became pretty angry saying I'm not getting any cash back and it is now my fridge. Lesson of the story don't trust anyone especially bogans from the paper. A bit more research on the net and it turns out they have 4 other fridges etc for sale and looks like they have done this scam a few times before. I'm a big believer of karma and this pair of thugs will get whats coming to them some day. Pretty game of them to as I know where they live. For me a $250 lesson in the honour of our fellow man.

hockman

Take it back, lay it on their doorstep/front lawn and fill it full of concrete...

Take it back, lay it on their doorstep/front lawn and fill it full of concrete...
Waste of good concrete! :lol:

There's gotta be something else cheaper but with the same permanent effect. You don't want to return it to them only to have them lay the same con on another poor soul.

Manure and water?
Firecrackers?

That will take too long. Pull back the plastic liner for the lid and the main freezer and insert 2 or 3 dozen fresh shrimp, then return it.

There's gotta be something else cheaper but with the same permanent effect. You don't want to return it to them only to have them lay the same con on another poor soul.

Dynabolt it to their driveway. Pretty hard to do without them noticing though...

Do they have a front garden? A litre of Roundup could work wonders. Or maybe a kilo of fish under their decking?

I've got more if you want them...!

A litre of Roundup could work wonders.

Spell something out on there lawn ... Takes a week or so to show up and is a real bugger to do anything about .. got too dig the lot up...

miss spent youth bugwan????

cheers

Spell something out on there lawn ... Takes a week or so to show up and is a real bugger to do anything about .. got too dig the lot up...

miss spent youth bugwan????

cheers

No, but I had an Uncle who was all talk...! He'd come up with unspeakable things to do to cats :huh:

He was always talking about things to do to get others back - I don't think he's turned out so well either... Sorry to the OP for dragging this off topic!

Back