• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Basic Homebrew Equipment - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantoffie

Reaction score
Hey, pretty well just moved here from the great white north and would like to get my brew operation going. If anyone has any spare fermenters, brew kettles, wort chilling equipment.... whatever that you would like to part with for $$

let me know on here or at [email protected]

Thanks!

Ebay and Gumtree are your friend. As is the Buy and sell board on here.

Need to find a home for a few cartons of 375ml stubbies <glenroy 3046>

Cantoffie said:
Hey, pretty well just moved here from the great white north and would like to get my brew operation going. If anyone has any spare fermenters, brew kettles, wort chilling equipment.... whatever that you would like to part with for $$

let me know on here or at [email protected]

Thanks!
Aus is a pretty big country. Whereabouts are you located?

surly said:
Aus is a pretty big country. Whereabouts are you located?
Have a look at the title of the thread and all will be revealed ;)

Go into Bunings and grab their water container for a fermenter. Round with a red lid. Toss the lid, keep the rubber seal in the lid and use the rubber seal to hold the glad wrap on as a lid.

Wort chilling - no chill? Grab a water container from Bunnings as well. Taller skinner ones. Williow make IIRC.

+1 to Cubes suggestion of bunnings, around about $20 will get the fermenting vessel and a tap. I would check the other suggestions too if wanting a complete kit to get you started.

Cube said:
Go into Bunings and grab their water container for a fermenter. Round with a red lid. Toss the lid, keep the rubber seal in the lid and use the rubber seal to hold the glad wrap on as a lid.

Wort chilling - no chill? Grab a water container from Bunnings as well. Taller skinner ones. Williow make IIRC.
Cool I think I have a line on a few basic starter Items. but will keep this in mind. Edit: I see bunnings is a sort of Home DEathPOT or like Lowes...

manticle said:
Whereabouts in melbourne?
Ascot Vale

Where would I grab a cheep Stock Pot from... 20-30 L preferablely??

Cheap stock pots in Footscray asian grocery stores. Not far from you. Otherwise try Laverton Market on a Saturday or Sunday. Bunnings is more like Ace Hardware.

djar007 said:
Cheap stock pots in Footscray asian grocery stores. Not far from you. Otherwise try Laverton Market on a Saturday or Sunday. Bunnings is more like Ace Hardware.
Thank you! Exellent, I will head over there today!

Thanks.

You can get high quality aluminium stockpots from cedar hospitality in brunswick. My 40 L chefinox was around 85 a few years ago. 4mm thick, nice and sturdy.
Got a 2mm cheap one from asian store (50 for 50 L) but it didn't last.

manticle said:
You can get high quality aluminium stockpots from cedar hospitality in brunswick. My 40 L chefinox was around 85 a few years ago. 4mm thick, nice and sturdy.
Got a 2mm cheap one from asian store 50 for 50 L) but it didn't last.
Just picked up a shit one in Footscray... Im short on cash so whatever will get me brewing for a bit is aight. I'll splurge on a 40-50L when my jobs are in full swing.

Back