• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted: Ag Equipment In Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko ACT

Reaction score
Hello

I've decided to join the darkside and try my hand at AG Brewing.

I'm hoping to buy some second hand AG gear; mill, mash tun, boiler, coil, burner etc

If you are in the Canberra area and have any of these items for sale please PM me.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Tom

Hi Dicko,

The Canberra Brewers club is meeting this Thursday night at the Harmonie German Club (49 Jerrabomberra Avenue Narrabundah).

Well worth turning up to. You will be sure to meet someone who can point you in the right direction for bits and pieces.

My personal kit is comprised of:

HLT: Old 25L pail with 2 kettle elements
Mash Tun: 55L Esky
Boiler: "keg shaped" vessel converted to take 2 kettle elements.

No need to tell you where I acquired all those parts.

Someone in the club will surely have some 2nd hand parts.... Let me know if you want to get set up cheaply and need a hand. My setup is bargain basement (as you can tell :) )

And if you want to see whay my beers taste like with the cheap gear also give me a yell :)

....Come and join the Canberra Brewers, our next meeting is at the Harmonie German Club , Narrabundah This Thursday Night 7.45pm....you'll find us down in the Bier Keller.....lots of our members upgrade gear regularly and you may just find someone who's selling what you want....we are actually having a club swap meet later on in the year....better than brewing gear ,you will find a wealth of experience and advice from some of the very best amateur brewers in the country....

....Cheers....

Scott aka Cougar - Social Secretary...totally affiliated etc,etc...

edit...yeah, what he said..

Gidday boys,

I just finished brewing my second AG (APA) and kegged it over the weekend after 12 years with boiling and mini's (why did I wait so long). Stupid me didn't even realise there was a brewers club in Canberra. I will definatly see you all there. Looking forward to it.

durgarth,

... see you there, come up & say G'day....you'll get a meeting or two on us , then join up if you're keen....will be the best brewing related $30.00 you'll ever spend....benefits outway the membership fees by a vast amount....

...Cougar...

Thanks Troywhite/Hargie

I have been wanting to join the club for some time now. In fact, I sent an email to the president yesterday re how to join. I appreciate your invites.

What time will the meeting run until?

It have my another commitment that runs until 8:30-9.

Cheers

Dicko

What time will the meeting run until?

It have my another commitment that runs until 8:30-9.

Cheers

Dicko

C'mon mate, you can tape 'so you think you can dance' and watch it later!

Ha-ha, nice stitch up MVZOOM.

Actually, its my OzTag semi final.

It would simply be un-Australian of me to bail on my team. Even if it is for beer.

....most drift out betwwen 10.30-11.00 pm....if not there's always next month....first Thurs of every month...

Cheers

Cougar

FWIW I got my mashtun from Revolve for the princley sum of $5.00

I double up the kettle as an HLT ($50.00 from evilbay)

Easy Peasy.

Fess.

Latest posts

Back