• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Wanted - 700ml Xxxx Crown Seal Tallies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpthehermit

Reaction score
G'day all,

I posted a few months ago and didn't find anyone willing to part with their XXXX tallies at that time so I thought I would ask agian

I am looking for some old XXXX crown seal tallies in good condition ( no twist tops bottles please ), if anyone has some for sale ?

( or giveaway !!! ;) )

I live 45 minutes west of Brisbane out towards Ipswich in QLD and am happy to drive 25 minutes or so in any direction to pick them up and will pay cash on pick up.

happy to pay about .50C a bottle and looking for around 200 or so.

Cheers
Grumpthehermit

:)

Becoming very rare indeed, it's about 12 years since the twisties came in IIRC and no more were made. Depending on your financial situation if you buy a threesome of Coopers 750ml sparkling ale every week, as I did, you can fairly quickly build up a couple of brews worth of bottles over five or six months. A three pack is good buying at $16 from Liquorland ATM and for a 5.8 beer you are getting a good drink which is far better value than a three of VB or XXXX, a source of free yeast and 3 virtually indestructable crown sealers. My couple of mates know to bring a three or a six over when they come over for dinner or a brew afternoon and I'd have about 70 of them now. :icon_cheers:

BTW while I was waiting for my supply to build I did half a brew in bottles and half in 6 x 2L PET bottles which are great for beer storage in the short term and work out at only 99c from ALDI. I tipped the cola down the sink although my sons helped by experimenting with Mentos fountains.

weekend shopper is a good place to start.

Picked up 120 xxxx tallies and a bench capper for 50 bucks

also got 120 xxxx tallies off ebay for 12 dollars...absolute steal..

Cheers,

That was a steel alright Jesse, as have seen some ads for XXXX crownn tops @ $10 doz.

I have about 5doz XXXX and 1 doz CUB(I Think) crownies and would part with them for $40 Lot.

Not sure if you are watching this but a guys just posted xxxx old style tallies for sale 12 doz for $50.

Back