Wa Hop Rhizome Bulk Purchase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dial90

Reaction score
WA Brewers

I am looking for expressions of interest from WA brewers who are interested in purchasing hop rhizomes this season.

I am looking to import a bulk order from NSW into WA. WA quarantine requires that all plant life be certified to come into the state, and this requires application of pesticide and fungicide along with the issue of a quarantine certificate prior to shipping. To minimise this cost I am happy to take orders from WA brewers who would like to purchase rhizomes and forward your orders on to you as soon as they arrive. I will only mail to WA addresses.

Cost at this stage is not known. This will depend on the quantity in the order, however note that hop rhizomes are selling for a premium this season due to the worldwide shortage. When we have some reasonable interest I will obtain a price.

Varieties available are:

Good Supply

Cascade
Chinook
Columbus
Cluster

Moderate Supply

Perle
Hallertau
Goldings

Low Supply

Tettnang
Hersbruck

To express your interest in this bulk purchase please either respond to the forum or email me at

wabulkbuys at live dot com

Could be up for two or three depending on eventual cost.

From the ones you've mentioned, I'd buy goldings definitely, no matter the cost. I'd probably buy cascade and tettnanger too depending on cost.

Thank you all for your interest.

I think we have enough interest in WA to do a bulk purchase. I am currently seeking further details so will keep you informed as I learn more.

-- Gavin

WA Brewers

I am looking for expressions of interest from WA brewers who are interested in purchasing hop rhizomes this season.

I am looking to import a bulk order from NSW into WA. WA quarantine requires that all plant life be certified to come into the state, and this requires application of pesticide and fungicide along with the issue of a quarantine certificate prior to shipping. To minimise this cost I am happy to take orders from WA brewers who would like to purchase rhizomes and forward your orders on to you as soon as they arrive. I will only mail to WA addresses.

Cost at this stage is not known. This will depend on the quantity in the order, however note that hop rhizomes are selling for a premium this season due to the worldwide shortage. When we have some reasonable interest I will obtain a price.

Varieties available are:

Good Supply

Cascade
Chinook
Columbus
Cluster

Moderate Supply

Perle
Hallertau
Goldings

Low Supply

Tettnang
Hersbruck

To express your interest in this bulk purchase please either respond to the forum or email me at

wabulkbuys at live dot com

Whilst not an active member, I would certainly be interested in a purchase. Possibly Cascade and Hallertau

Anyone interested should consider which varieties do well in Perth.
My East Kelmscott Goldings were scrawny and without cones at all, although it was a new planting.
GL has had some success with Chinook I think.

Thanks for looking in to organise this. I would be interested in a couple of varieties, again dependent on cost.

Regards suitability of varieties, in Collie, Columbus and POR grow and produce very well, Goldings at about 30% and take a year or two to get going. Trick with the Goldings seems to be height. They produce very lightly if at all on the bottom couple of metres and start producing heavily at about 3m high.

Regards

Andrew

where are you getting the rhizomes from

I might be interested let me know when you get more details.
Cheers
Rob

Im keen.Not sure of which ones to get as yet but put me down as a yes.

Cheers
Big D

I'll grab a cascade... and maybe a hersbruker

Cheers

James

I'd suggest this thread is dead.

Well that is annoying.... I held out buying some myself so i could go in on this bulk purchase, and now it looks as though i'm going to have to wait till next year...

The hop rhizome bulk buy is on. I am taking orders now and hope to have the final bulk purchase finalised by the end of this week. Estimated price per rhizome is around $45 which includes treatment for importation into WA plus delivery to your door.

Varieties available include:

Good supply
-------------
Chinook
Columbus
Cluster
Cascade
Hersbrucker

Moderate Supply
------------------
Perle
Goldings
P.O.R

Please email your order to [email protected] by the end of this week. Once it is established that the bulk order is able to be fulfilled I will send details on how payment can be made. Delivery to WA will be around late August or early September.

-- Gavin

Latest posts

Back