Vittorio and the kegerator.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djar007

Reaction score
Just home from going to pick up the controversial kegerator from Vittorio.

Needed to start a thread for this.

This guy sold it to me for two hundred dollars. It is in great condition and very well looked after. I just tested it and it and I am sipping g an ipa from it right now. Vittorio is a really nice guy and helped me load it onto a trailer and we had a chat about brewing and he gave me a few tips on the kegerator. I feel quite guilty about his treatment here and in this case he was true to his word and is a fellow brewer and decent guy. Hard to tell much about people in life but the way they treat you is a good indicator and this guy is a bloke I would have a beer with. So i felt it only fair that i post this to share my experience with you all.
I didn't have any beer bottled to take to share with him but will definitely be dropping something off to say thanks. I now have my old kegerator that i will sell for a song in honour of Vittorio. Will offer it privately to jdw first then post it here. It's the old Kooinda one bought on here from Leigh.

Two things will happen:

1. There will be apologies and hand claps;
  2. There will be an unusual amount of usual suspects not posting here.
Nice of you djar007 for bringing this occurrence to the front and Vittorio, you have in your actions silenced all the petty behaviour you have had to endure. Full credit to you!

Nice one... I hope it brings many years of good service, good to see it closed out...

Big Hugs all round

slash22000 said:
I missed some kind of mega-drama didn't I?
Kega-drama more like it. Just look at threads made/posts made by Vittorio to see what all was all about. Both threads locked is a good indicator!

Big of you to post this Djar. For mine, all you did was post that he'd reneged on the sale, the rest was a perfect storm of mob mentality on the Internet. Happens on lots of online spaces and it's always ugly. Good on you.

djar007 said:
Just home from going to pick up the controversial kegerator from Vittorio.

Needed to start a thread for this.

This guy sold it to me for two hundred dollars. It is in great condition and very well looked after. I just tested it and it and I am sipping g an ipa from it right now. Vittorio is a really nice guy and helped me load it onto a trailer and we had a chat about brewing and he gave me a few tips on the kegerator. I feel quite guilty about his treatment here and in this case he was true to his word and is a fellow brewer and decent guy. Hard to tell much about people in life but the way they treat you is a good indicator and this guy is a bloke I would have a beer with. So i felt it only fair that i post this to share my experience with you all.
I didn't have any beer bottled to take to share with him but will definitely be dropping something off to say thanks. I now have my old kegerator that i will sell for a song in honour of Vittorio. Will offer it privately to jdw first then post it here. It's the old Kooinda one bought on here from Leigh.
Once again mob rules slapped a guy for not doing what the mob thought he was doing. :unsure:
Vittorio may all your dreams be wet :p
Nev

The moment personal info was hacked and posted was the moment I put my head in my hands. Everything that's needed to be said has been.

Internet mob mentality was at its finest during that time. If apologies needed to occur, I know which direction I think they should come from.

Hope you enjoy the kegerator djar - maybe you should put vittorio first on your list of potential buyers since he's now without one?

I am not in any way suggesting you were part of the mob.

I asked when I got there if he was sure he wanted to sell it and I didnt mind walking away from it if he wanted to keep it. . He is looking at bigger and better things. He assured me he was happy to sell it.

Well I'm all caught up on the saga now :blink: Did anyone buy that big ass kettle???

Once bitten, twice shy I'd imagine. Sure is purty tho.

Edit: too slow.

This forum is emotional as hell. Posting here is like dealing with my mother going through menopause with my sister PMS'ing on the side. Thank **** I'm drunk enough to deal with it.

slash22000 said:
This forum is emotional as hell. Posting here is like dealing with my mother going through menopause with my sister PMS'ing on the side. Thank **** I'm drunk enough to deal with it.
I'm having another beer after reading that!!!

Sounds like your cycles are synched!

Apology to said Vittorio PM'd. We done for clearing the matter up djar.

Latest posts

Back