Visiting Paris - (recommended Beers To Taste)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessTime

Reaction score
I will be going to France next week for a 4 week holiday.

Was wondering if anyone here could recommend any particular beers/venues I should visit.

I figure that if I am going to taste my way around France I should probably put together an itinerary and I'm sure that people here will have an opinion ;)

I will be going to France next week for a 4 week holiday.

Was wondering if anyone here could recommend any particular beers/venues I should visit.

I figure that if I am going to taste my way around France I should probably put together an itinerary and I'm sure that people here will have an opinion ;)

David

My fave in Paris was Hall's Beer Tavern in Rue St. Denis. Stacks of Belgian beer and good food at OK prices. Great place to kick back, have several beers and watch most of the weirdos of Paris cavort. Lots of sleaze shops and strip joints in Rue St. Denis.

Warren -

steer clear of the touristy cafes (yeah sure, that's really easy!)

Have fun in Paris, hope it doesn't rain the whole time

edit.. better still, Thalys takes you to Brussels in about 90 minutes B)

For pubs try A La Pinte du Nord, 38 rue Saint-Quentin.
This is just around the corner from Gare du Nord station. When I was working in Europe I would stay in a dodgy hotel opposite the station & wander around to this place for an afternoon/evening session.For a few months in '93 this was my local. Good range of Belgians as well as local beers. Food was basic but good.

About 17 years ago we found Coopers Sparkling in stubbies behind the bar at The Cricketer, rue des Mathurins. It is an English pub that crossed The Channel. It was a fun night if you are looking to speak English & chat up a back-packer!

There was also a Firkin brew pub called Frog & Rosbif, 116 rue St Denis. I am not sure if it survives & never made it there.

Cheers
Gerard

David

My fave in Paris was Hall's Beer Tavern in Rue St. Denis. Stacks of Belgian beer and good food at OK prices. Great place to kick back, have several beers and watch most of the weirdos of Paris cavort. Lots of sleaze shops and strip joints in Rue St. Denis.

Warren -

haha know what ya mean warren, I stayed around that area recently.

btw hook into the Grimburgen(though not French) which is available at pretty much every establishment in Paris and not a bad drop.(well i thought so!)

Grimbergen.jpg

Thanks for the advice everyone, when i get back i'll have to post any fine establishments I find =)

Back