Video Games

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's simple: We play the Batman.

It's simple: We play the Batman.
Read a review this morning after watching the Good Game review the other day... looks a stunning game. Just not sure about the rythmic nature of the fighting (more of a mash in panic kinda guy) Never got into Assassin's creed for this reason. Would love to be wrong as it looks special.

Please report back on how it plays, as it's on a potential purchase list.

I too am torn between BF3 and MW3

Im expecting big things for BF3 on the PC.

And batman is also great fun. The combat system is really great, its one button to attack, one button to counter so there is reflexes involved but you wont have to remember massive button combination to pull off some good moves. I've never played such a good batman game. I guess because its aimed at more mature audiences its more entertaining.

I too am torn between BF3 and MW3

it's not a tough decision.....every Battlefield game has been nothing short of awesome. MW2 multiplayer wasnt that special and got boring quickly and Black Ops was a complete disaster. Sure the COD franchise sells well, but Top40 music does too - doesnt mean its quality

I guess it depends if you like to camp or run around with a blindfold on.....or if you prefer a touch of realism and teaming up with mates for some strategic games

My problem is going to be convincing mates that have played MW2 and Black ops to jump to BF3. If it were just me i'd go BF3 cause i've played it throughout the franchise... we need an AHB clan

My problem is going to be convincing mates that have played MW2 and Black ops to jump to BF3. If it were just me i'd go BF3 cause i've played it throughout the franchise... we need an AHB clan

I'd be keen [AHB] tags would look cool.

Are EA going to sort out their shit with Steam, or am I going to have to buy it on origin?

I'd be keen [AHB] tags would look cool.

Are EA going to sort out their shit with Steam, or am I going to have to buy it on origin?

I'd say origin only. I'm going to buy it off ebay today. It's about $50 from there (from australian sellers) as apposed to $80 off origin.

Street date was broken today apparently so get your BF3 while its hot.

Make sure you get a limited edition copy for the extra maps!

Street date was broken today apparently so get your BF3 while its hot.

Make sure you get a limited edition copy for the extra maps!
So any update on what it's like?... i assume you got the PC version. Am seriously considering the PS3 version.

Its pretty awesome! Graphically its amazing, handles well. The mulitplayer is great, 9 maps and 4 modes so there plenty to do. The jets are great fun, which is great since there hasn't been jets in the bad company series. Only bad thing, and its almost a good thing, is that the unlocks are for each gun, not kit. So if you want to unlock everything you'll be playing for hours.
Only reason I would recommend not getting BF3 on console is the fact that the multiplayer doesn't have 64 players. 32 player on console (16 a side) can get a little boring with such a large scale game that is battlefield.
I haven't touched the single player yet.

Also, can't wait to get back to San Andreas!

the kids bought me L.A NOIRE for my birthday, my son seems to think it's cool :icon_cheers:

funny how you get shit from the kids that they would also enjoy :p

Got me a PS3 and BF3 the other day. Very good game. We should all clan up...! My PSN ID is TigervZ.

halo anniversary should be cool, especially if you played halo 1 as much as i did.

skyrims the one im looking foreward to though, oblivion was awesome.

Can anyone tell me if Battlefield 2 is worth getting for the singleplayer campaign only? Not an online player here.

cheers

Browndog

Grabbed my copy of MW3 today, haven't touched the campaign yet but MP looks promising.

Feel free to add me on Xbox, gamertag is HopCrazedPollux

Man, just read all the way through, it was going to recommend Team Fortress 2, then saw you don't play online. If you do, this game is awesome, and I ma pretty sure it is free now. Takes a couple of hours to work it out but after that, hours of play await...

Latest posts

Back